Tail light problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cwbyflyer

Reaction score
Now that I've got the spark plugs replaced, I have found another problem. The tail light on the drivers side doesn't work, though the brake light does. I swapped out the bulb just in case, but no change. I then went to look at the fuse, but my owner's manual shows that light connected to position 23 on the inside fuse box and that position is empty! No fuse and no legs to put the fuse into! Any ideas?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Position 23 according to my owners manual lists 23 as a spare, no fuse expected there.
It also lists position 7 as L park light,L tail lamp, license plate lamp.
Remove the whole housing, inspect wiring /connector going into socket.
Look for any corrosion at socket, and bulb installed correctly, confirm bulb works by swapping sides.
Use bulb grease when installing new bulbs.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Position 23 according to my owners manual lists 23 as a spare, no fuse expected there.
It also lists position 7 as L park light,L tail lamp, license plate lamp.
Remove the whole housing, inspect wiring /connector going into socket.
Look for any corrosion at socket, and bulb installed correctly, confirm bulb works by swapping sides.
Use bulb grease when installing new bulbs.

Another test is to swap sockets on the unit, you can use the back up socket and see if it is socket related.

Latest posts

Members online