T-minus 8 hours….

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
…until I should be driving home in my KJ! Just picked up a Jeep Green 2007 Sport 4x4 – “C” package, Towing Package, Off-Road Package, Select-Trac.

Definitely paid a little more than I aimed to, but I feel it was a decent enough deal (of course, someone will tell me they coulda done better), and this one had exactly the options that I wanted. If I could have reasonably had one built with the options I think I need/really want, this would be it. So, I figured it was worth it. I keep my vehicles for a long time (currently at 130k in my car, and I’d still drive it if it met my needs), and actually, this is my first new car ever.

The best part? Now I have something to tow my dad’s 20’ cabin cruiser with ;-) No need to try and mooch mom’s Tahoe (she’s got a death grip on that thing, fat chance of borrowing it ever).

Oh, also checked and doesn’t seem it’s under the blower motor recall, so I should be golden.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice, and congrats. If it has the options you really want then you will be happier with it.

Dave

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Phil - Southfield Jeep over at 12.5 and Telegraph.

Dave - Yup, I wanted to be able to tow with it, and I preferred the off-road group although I wasn't sold on needing it ASAP - I could add the skid plates. The kicker was the select-trac...no need to worry about the wife leaving it in 4 hi at inappropriate times. It's my vehicle, but surely she'll be driving it.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
My buddy got his Liberty from Southfield Jeep. Says he was happy with the whole deal, so I assume they're a pretty good dealer. I've only been there once during my obsession with.... the PT Cruiser. It only lasted a short while and I destroyed my model car, so everything's cool now. :)

RamSport47

Reaction score
you just feel like the King of the world when you drive your new KJ home...you feel like nothing else even comes close and that all eyes are on you! At least, that's how I felt in December...ad every day since for that matter

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, we hit a little snag. I won't get into the details, but I had an issue with one part of the contract that should be easily resolved tomorrow. I wasn't comfortable with attesting that I'd be responsible for $1400 that they should get back from Chrysler, when I am not really responsible at all, per them. The contract didn't word it that way though.

So, false alarm, 22 hours and counting....;)

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Well, we hit a little snag. I won't get into the details, but I had an issue with one part of the contract that should be easily resolved tomorrow. I wasn't comfortable with attesting that I'd be responsible for $1400 that they should get back from Chrysler, when I am not really responsible at all, per them. The contract didn't word it that way though.

So, false alarm, 22 hours and counting....;)

Darn. :( Sorry to hear that. What's this $1400??? Sounds ridiculous.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll fill ya in tomorrow after it's all said and done. I assume it's semi-legit, but I am not sure. When I sign the papers and financing, I'll share ;)

2003KJ

Reaction score
HA! And they thought that nobody reads those silly little "contracts"

Shows what THEY know!

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What can I say, I am a Medicare Auditor. **** is practically my middle name. ;)

Actually, I had already signed this one piece of documentation regarding an EC code and then it really caught my eye. I made her go back to it and told them I couldn't proceed any further unless we changed that contract.

So, I am proud of myself that I caught it. I am a little disappointed that I signed it before noticing it. Made me realize I needed to calm down and really read through everything. I didn't finish taking possession of the vehicle though, therefore, I am not on the hook for it yet in my opinion.

We'll see what happens today. Please keep your fingers crossed. I saw it today, and man is that thing beautiful. Love the tow hooks/receiver. The Jeep Green looks great with the sport trim.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What can I say, I am a Medicare Auditor. **** is practically my middle name. ;)

Let's hope not.

We'll see what happens today. Please keep your fingers crossed. I saw it today, and man is that thing beautiful. Love the tow hooks/receiver. The Jeep Green looks great with the sport trim.

Good luck!! I hope it works out for you. I'm sure the $1400 can easily be adjusted to make sure they keep your sale. Bring a camera with you to and take on the lot shots :)

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha, yeah, that sounded a little bad there Phil....ummmm..."Picky" is practically my middle name.

I think we have it all worked out. Nothing in life is for certain, but I feel comfortable enough to proceed forward. I'll be back at the dealer at 5:45 tonight to finalize it.

My wife is a journalist and loves photography. She has her mega-huge paparazzi camera with her today, so she'll be taking pics. Nice thing is we live in Sterling Heights, but work 2 buildings apart in Southfield, so we just drove in together.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, as the sig now shows, I am the proud owner of an '07 Jeep Green Sport 4x4, "C" package, select-track, tow group, and off-road group. I have about 90 miles on it thus far :)

The issue I ran into was the pricing we agreed upon was based on an EC. I didn't have access to an EC. The dealer referred me to a local union who was getting employees who didn't use their EC to donate it. Makes sense - Chrysler gets more sales, right? Well, I called and was told I'd have a code by the end of the day. They called me back at like 1:30 as I was in my boss's office so I missed the call. I tried to call back, couldn't get ahold of them. The dealer told me not to worry, it's on their head, and they'd allow me just to get them the code tomorrow (today).

I get to the dealership last night, and there's a standard contract they want me to sign stating that this is a valid EC, and if it doesn't work that I am responsible for the amount. I told them that's horsecrap, I am not going to sign that - for all I know this whole thing is BS. They told me they couldn't go through without it, and it's my choice - they'd hold the Jeep until the 31st.

8:45 am I got a call with the EC, so everything went fine :)

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pics will be coming - wife took some, I'll take some more today. We were too busy driving it last night to really upload any ;-)

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, it's only been like two weeks, and I know you guys have never seen a stock KJ before so here are some pics for you ;) Please note the plastic throttle body and the lack of a trans dipstick

You must be registered for see images