Synthetic Oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Considering that the Kj has aluminum heads and Steel block, wonder if it would not be better to run 50-50 dyno/syn blend?
As far as differentials is concerned, I would never recommend Synthetic after talking to a few local diff rebuilders. All of them stated that GL5 dyno Lube is the way to go and frequent changes of the Lube.
The only time I will run Synthetic in the rear diff is when I am going into a really cold place in winter like -30 to -40. Once home back into a moderate temp, I change it back into GL5 dino.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who knows. I switched to a full syn at 75000 miles, and my change interval is around 4000.

SurfGuitar141

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like I said before, I go every 5,000, and the oil comes out looking like it could go another 5,000...
again that's always using a top of the line filter, and I never push it past the 5,000 mile mark.
One thing I don't believe, and that's this new Mobile synth that claims you can go 15,000 miles between oil changes, now that's asking for trouble there....

mikey1273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amsoil claims 25,000 miles on one of their oils with their best filter. I don't buy into it not for a diesel for sure but they aren't recomending it for diesel engines... only gas engines still I'm not sure about that. I have a friend that is doing it with an 08 Silerverdo that sees over 50% highway use. so far he has no issues but its only been a year.

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
i change between 3-4.5k and have never worried about the quantity or quality of the oil i pull out..

i use synthblend..

Latest posts

Members online