Sunroof track problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flyingpuma

Reaction score
hello everybody i am new to the forums here and was curious if anyone would know how to help me. i have a 2003 jeep liberty freedom ed. and my sunroof makes the weirdest noise when i try and move it into the vent position. it opens and closes horizontally totally fine, but when i try and move it to the vent position it makes a grinding noise and stops half way up, and it makes the same grinding noise when i move it back down again to the closed position. so today i took it apart to see what the problem was. i removed the glass panel by taking out the four screws from the inside, and found out that it is moved back and forth from what almost looks like a cable that runs from the sunroof motor which is anchored way in the back. it would be a pain to even get to it, so i am hoping that i dont need to mess with the motor. i did notice that the sides are uneven. its hard to explain but on each side of the sunroof opening where the rails that the glass slides on, there are things attached that slide back and forth with the cable. the only problem is, the attachment on the left side is like 4 inches behind the attachment on the right side at all times. so my question to any jeep geniuses out there is, is there any way that i can adjust the attachment that is 4 inches back and move it 4 inches forward on the cable so it is even with the other one? i tried sliding it and brute forcing it but it is REALLY attached to the cable. I have pretty much come to the conclusion that if the attachments were even with each other then it wouldnt make the grinding noise.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online