Sunroof Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rikguy33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many inches should a power sunroof open? I bought my 2004 used and it seems like the sunroof should open further than it does.

rikguy33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I hit the button, mine only goes up 2 or 3 inches and does not slide back at all. I'm not sure what normal operation should be.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I hit the button, mine only goes up 2 or 3 inches and does not slide back at all. I'm not sure what normal operation should be.

Yes, thats called the 'vent' position. Push the other button and it will open.

Did you read the owners manual? If you cannot find it then look above the glove box once you open the glove box.

t2raz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes. when everything fails refer the the manual. :D

dog_party

Reaction score
Assuming you don't have an aftermarket sunroof:

The stock sunroof has two functions and the actuation button is a toggle. Pushing (technically "up") on the front of the sunroof button makes the sunroof "vent," meaning that the trailing edge lifts up about 2.5". Pushing on the rear of the sunroof button makes the sunroof open toward the rear. It should be noted that, if you have opened the vent, then pushing the rear of the button will close it. After it is closed all the way, you have to let go of the rear of the button, then hit it again before it will start opening.

maverick7321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even if you press the other button for the vent button will open it that amount and no further you have to press the open button for it to open any more for the vent button will not do it.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is not the stock sunroof. Thats an aftermarket sunroof and it seems like it doesnt open like the stock sunroof.

rikguy33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe that explains why it doesn't operate like that manual says it should.
Does anyone have a pic of the factory sunroof and controls? This is a good install if it's aftermarket. I would have never been able to tell.

Last edited:

Snakehn

Reaction score
Hey Rikguy33, could you please post more pics of your sunroof? i've been thinking about having an aftermarket sunroof installed but have mixed feelings.

thanks

maverick7321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Rikguy33, could you please post more pics of your sunroof? i've been thinking about having an aftermarket sunroof installed but have mixed feelings.

thanks

I would like to see more also mainly the controls that you use to open and close.

rikguy33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, I'll get some pics at lunch today. Whoops. How about tonight, I rode the motorcycle today.

Latest posts

Members online