Sun Roof Wind Deflector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gefd44

Reaction score
Greetings All:
Glad to be new member. Looking for assistance on repair on sun roof wind deflector on my girl friends 2003 KJ. Jeep dealer part will cost about $85.00, not much to the part. Trying to replace the deflector myself. My concern is trying to remove old and install new. Sun roof repairs can be tricky and involved and I do not want to open can of worms.
Appreciate any help.

Thanks
gefd44

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it just stuck on with adhesive strips or does is slip under some sort of weather stripping? Ive never been up close on a kjs sunroof but most just slide into place. Its an easy fix and im sure you can find a replacement way cheaper then from the dealership.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Are talking about the wind buffer that pops up when you open the sunroof?

gefd44

Reaction score
The deflector pops up when opening glass. Deflector is cracked in middle and has to be held down to close roof. Deflector has two legs that (i think) extend into or fasten into the roof track. I have not opened roof since my sister had issues in the fall with it breaking....Holding off for warm weather. I did locate Mopar parts diagram showing the part, but is inconclusive as to how it mounts.
Thought the forum might have experience and pass on what not to do with sun roof repairs.

Thanks all
gefd44

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll take a look at mine tomorrow and get you some in-depth knowledge on how it comes out. you've got me curious lol.

gefd44

Reaction score
Hey JeepCoMJ:
If you are looking,there should be 2 screws (hopefully) that attach the deflector on either side of the track. Then there should be some sort of a spring in the front of the deflector that unfastens? I have not seen my sisters vehicle yet to confirm this. If we can confirm then we got a easy fix. Thought I'd take a few pics of the repair and post them later. Give the group some DIY info. I have not seen too much info on sun repair repair tips. But that could be me not digging deep enough on the web.
Thanks all for you help.
gefd44