Subwoofer Box Update w/Pictures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShadowedXistence

Full Access Member
Reaction score
original post: http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40506

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Complete rebuild from the first set... there were some dimensions that werent quite as perfect as I would have liked them... It was nice to have the first set however to be able to determine what sections needed to be longer, and which needed to be shorter...

These boxes were designed to fit pioneer 8" shallow mount subwoofers. Could possibly fit another subwoofer, such as MTX 8" 4500 series, or maybe a few others, but NO guarantees... like I said, they were designed FOR the pioneer subs... as well as the box is as big as can possibly be and still fit under the front seats... It has been done, but there aren't many options for subwoofers in this application...

Let me know if you guys are interested in this, I might put together a how to, If I get enough people to say they would like a how to...

I'll post more pics of them under the front seats after I finish relocating the sensors under the seats... Hope you all enjoy!

Last edited:

Rescu2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see pics mounted too. Those are very nice looking boxes and they look to have more room than the ones I did, without cutting the carpet out.

I did the original set, but on mine I cut the carpet out undrneath to give more room. I know that wouldn't be something most people would do, but I knew I wouldn't be selling it and I already had a hole in the back floorboard anyway from the previous owner. Any idea how much airspace you go in those? I wanted to re-do mine sometime to fit a 10" (maybe solobaric). But the sound quality of the 8's is really really good so I've not done it yet.