Sub connect to factory stereo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gbelous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will..but if I do this in the KJ, it's my Fiance's car and she would have to give the ok before I start wiring all these things up.

gbelous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, it's her baby and if I screw anything up on it i will never hear the end of it. i don't blame her, i'll be that same way once i get my WJ. i'm in vernon, ct

max pain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"rear" of your jeep. :) Nice shots of those tails and tailgate, etc..

Something like this? :)

You must be registered for see images

Speaking about the sub, have the mopar and love how it sounds - just enough for the Liberty!

sleeve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How was the install on the Mopar sub?

The installation took about 1 hour from start to finish. The only reason that it takes so long is because you have to unbolt the drivers seat to slide the sub bracket under the seat mount to secure it in place. The rest of the install is simply remove / reinstall.

How does it sound? Does the sub bass have nice definition or is it more muddy sounding?

It's kind of muddy sounding and doesn't rattle your car at all. But it's factory stock so I don't complain. Personally if I wanted cleaner sounding music I would have swapped the entire stereo and speakers for better equipment.

The nice thing about factory stock is... No one will steal it.

Do any of you guys with the Mopar sub know if a high pass filter for the door speakers activates when it is connected to the stock head unit?

Are you asking if the sub filters out highs? I'm not sure honestly if it does or not. I'm assuming it does. All the mopar sub does is round out the factory sound.

Here's a link to the sub at JPARTs: here