Stupid foglight question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1quick1

Reaction score
Are the smaller circles in the head lights considered the fog lamps? Is there an on/off switch for these?

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
The smaller circles in your grill on the 05 are the spots for the fog lights. Smaller circles in the headlights...I'm not sure what you are referring to there???

The switch should be on the turn signal arm. Mine you rotate the switch and the pull it out towards the driver's door to turn my fogs on.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fogs on sport are optional, you may not have them:

FOGLIGHTS:
You must be registered for see images

NO FOGLIGHTS:

1quick1

Reaction score
I'm sorry guys. I should have mentioned I was wondering about the 09 Liberty. However I have figured out the fog lights on the new one.

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have an 09 Liberty Limited, it would almost have to have foglamps. Turn your headlamps on, and pull the end of the headlamp switch outward. This is how you turn your foglamps on.

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
I'm sorry guys. I should have mentioned I was wondering about the 09 Liberty. However I have figured out the fog lights on the new one.

That should have been apparent to repliers, becasue this is the KK section of the forum, even I knew what you meant. The headlamps on the KK are not round like the KJ, but round inside the assembly. They should have posted a picture of the KK (KK General Discussion), not the KJ...

Like this:

Edited, forgot, the Fogs should be in your bumpers, like this one:
You must be registered for see images attach

That is a 2009 Limited...

IN any case, you turn on your parking lights, and then pull that the end of the lever out, and the Fogs come on. You cannot turn them on separately without making your own switch.

This guy has a LTD, no fogs: http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39010

Last edited:

1quick1

Reaction score
If you have an 09 Liberty Limited, it would almost have to have foglamps. Turn your headlamps on, and pull the end of the headlamp switch outward. This is how you turn your foglamps on.

Yup this was exactly it. It was the only thing I had to look up in the manual, then I was like "dddduuuuuuuhhhhhh"

And there should be an indicator lit up in the dashboard when they are on.

This is also true. Green fog light indicator lights up.

The headlamps on the KK are not round like the KJ, but round inside the assembly. They should have posted a picture of the KK (KK General Discussion), not the KJ...

Like this:

This correct. They are in the headlight assembly.

Edited, forgot, the Fogs should be in your bumpers, like this one:
You must be registered for see images attach

That is a 2009 Limited...

That is actually a Commander and that's how the foglights are on them.

HAHA that guy has a nice Jeep!