Stuck... help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leerdmn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a little embarrassing. I have a 2wd Limited, with the factory limited slip diff. I went to the beach last week, ventured a little too far off the path, and got buried. Luckily, a guy watched me do it, and pulled me out with his Tahoe.

So, my question is... What upgrades are there that would help me fight this happening again? I don't "wheel", or go mudding. I just wanna be able to go down the beach, or the occasional fire road.

Also, I am not interested in trading for a 4wd. I would actually love to, but it just is not feasible at the time.

Thanks in advance for any help or opinions you can give me.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think any 2wd's had a factory limited slip...

I'd get an ARB air locker in the rear (1000 installed) and some AT's (better than MT's for sand), and a good air tank, so you can air down.

Banditsteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As Tony said, cheapest option is letting air out of your tyres, and DRIVE FASTER!! As the 'T' shirt says - "Drive it like you stole it!" :D Momentum will get you further on sand than being cautious. Or deeper in it? cryinghard.gif

Banditsteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Budke, I have just noticed you have racked up over 8,000 posts in just over a year!! Thats impressive!! Do you have a job? Or can't you sleep? :D

leerdmn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks guys. I think my first thing will be a portable air compressor so I can air down. Then start saving for a locker. The stealer told me it had the optional limited slip. I guess he must have been confused. I've read that the ARB air locker is the best, is this true for my situation? Then maybe a small lift, so I can get a good set of A/T's under it. Thanks again

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
X3....Air down.
I got 235/65/17 Yokohamas A/T-S..Last time I was in sand I air downed to 20 psi and did just fine!

So air down!

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They probably meant you have ESP not limited slip....
ARB is the locker of choice, but they are not cheap!
Airing down with a great set of tires may be able to get you through most sand.

Uncle Krusty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've noticed alot of people here taking shots at budke here on the forum. I've also noticed budke stiring things up a time or two... (I don't even think I've read 1/4 of the 8,000 posts this last year)

I've also noticed he's a good sport about it... :D

So.... I'm going to take a poke at him as well.... Budke, I hope you (and everyone else here) take this in the fun that is intended :D

Buy my Liberty! That'll solve your problem. I have yet to get stuck on the beach or in the soft ass sugar sand in the Ocala Natl Forest.
6500 obo.
Throw me an offer if ya want.

You must be registered for see images attach

THIS IS YOUR CHANCE! BUY HIS LIBBY!

Maybe he'll get a FJ Cruiser, or a truck, or ???
Then he'll hang out on another forum!

Better yet - send your donations to:
BUY BUDKE'S KJ
PO BOX 00000
Nowhere, USA

Should I post this under "Group buy" :confused:

Sorry, I couldn't resist (rotflmao)(rotflmao)(rotflmao)

BTW budke - Nice looking ride - do you realy want to part with it? I know you've put a lot of work into it. I also enjoy your sense of humor here as well - even if others don't always "get it".

Last edited:

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best mod for a 2wd if the owner wants to go off road
a "For Sale" sign

why spend a few grand moding a 2wd when a stock 4wd will still be able to go places that
you can not"

leerdmn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That tire buddy's pretty cool, I might have to get a few of those. I already got a Cig lighter air compressor. We will see how this goes. Wish me luck. Thanks again for all the advice guys.

Latest posts

Members online