STUCK! aka temporarily inconvenienced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Brother wanted to test out his winch, and I wanted to test out my new ground clearance... two successful tests!:D

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like to me you just stopped for an equipment test and photo. I don't see anybody stuck............:D

Dave

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah that mud was gooey! might have made it through with mud tires... stupid street tires! about an hour later I got it much more stuck, slipped into deep muddy ruts, had the rear end high centered and the front end in a mud hole with steep walls that would have broken the bottom of the bumper off if i hadn't trimmed it off. Then getting winched out, I would have been sliding on rock rails and other stuff if I didn't have the lift... wish I though to take pictures that time

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah that mud was gooey! might have made it through with mud tires... stupid street tires! about an hour later I got it much more stuck, slipped into deep muddy ruts, had the rear end high centered and the front end in a mud hole with steep walls that would have broken the bottom of the bumper off if i hadn't trimmed it off. Then getting winched out, I would have been sliding on rock rails and other stuff if I didn't have the lift... wish I though to take pictures that time

Mud can be tough.

Check your skids. The front one is a shovel. I have had my skids and suspension packed solid with mud before. I cleaned mine out with a trowl and a screwdriver and my hands last time.

Dave

jeeper4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha that does look goey, you'll be cleanin that out from the underside for weeks heh :p

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rule:

If you have to get towed out, you were stuck.

If you get out on your own, no matter how long it takes, you were "temporarily immobilized".

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mud can be tough.

Check your skids. The front one is a shovel. I have had my skids and suspension packed solid with mud before. I cleaned mine out with a trowl and a screwdriver and my hands last time.

Dave
You must be registered for see images attach

Cleaned mine out by taking it off.lol

Midgear

Reaction score
you probly coulda tackled that a bit faster lol.. I see barely any mud splatter on the Jeep.

you shoulda seen my last trip off road.. I had mud caked on the sides about 2-3 inches thick. I let it bake on there for a few days.. oh the looks I got. nothing like driving around dirty for a couple of days. couldn't even tell the damn thing was originally black.. the only black part on the Jeep was the tread that makes contact with the road- everything else was a light brown lol.. and everywhere I stopped, the Jeep would leave evidence of it being there. shut the door and a few clumps of shit would just fall off of it haha.

I wanna say it effected my handling too.. my balance was off, and the Jeep felt extremely sluggish and heavy LOL. couldn't have been that 200 pounds of stinky ass mud I was dragging around.. my gas mileage (which already *****) started to REALLY suck.. mud like that doesn't make for very good aerodynamics at 70 mph.

after a 15 minute soak with the garden hose, and 22 (twenty two dollars) at the car wash with a high pressure sprayer, mah Jeep was black again.. accelerated like normal, gas mileage improved, and she wasn't so heavy on a highway on-off ramp lol, and my tires quit wobbling.

I need to find some deep water to mow around in.. that should get the remainder out of the nooks and crannys that I missed.

Last edited:

Bow-man

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice on the skids.. looks like I am going to be under mine for a bit this weekend. I wonder if I can use a hose and hose it out..

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am skidless.... until next year... thought i'd lift it above most obsticals first