Stretch KJ Chop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sublo

Reaction score
I love the KJ and am about to shop for a CRD. I was just imagining what it might look like at the length I think it should have been OEM. :p

You must be registered for see images

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks weird, I think you should have lengthened from the wheel base, then it would look like a Grand Liberty.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks different stretched out. Now, if you stretch the front just a little so you could put a hemi in there........walaaa...SRT8-KJ.

Dave

Sublo

Reaction score
HA! You made it look like a Durango! Nice departure angle, BTW.

Yep. I still would do it if it was simple and I had the means. The DP looks like a good 40 degrees. I can't imagine ever needing more. I'm never doing any rock crawling requiring anything that severe but I guess it would be an issue for those who do. :cool:

I hate the Durango looks but it does have more usable space. idea.gif

Can't wait to get my CRD. NYS actually lets you buy used ones if they have 7500m on the clock. I'm about to sell my old faithful '97 K1500 'Burb first. Sigh. I will miss it after 10 good years.

Sublo

Reaction score
Stretched weelbase version below. I think I like the cargo stretch (1st post) better. Wahaha!!! Hemi KJ! That would rock! :rolleyes:

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Yeah, with the wheelbase stretched so far, it looks odd... I like the first one. What the KK should have been? LOL. (Nah.)

That would have cost Chrysler next to nothing to develop and would have made the KJ sell close to 2x better... (Exaggerating, but I'm trying to make a point)

Sublo

Reaction score
Yep. I also think it would have cost nearly nothing and would have sold, yep, double the number. IMO, I think this was politically motivated as it may have put the Liberty in direct competition with the Cherokee. Sigh...

The first chop kinda looks Land Rover-ish.

2003KJ

Reaction score
That's what's keeping me from buying the Wrangler Unlimited. The weelbase looks really wacky to me - way too long and out of proportion. :confused:

Yup, it also kinda defeats the purpose of a wrangler. They've always been known for being real short and easy to maneuver on tight trails.

If I wanted to wheel something that long, i'd wheel a WJ or a Commander...

jkl

Reaction score
Yup, it also kinda defeats the purpose of a wrangler. They've always been known for being real short and easy to maneuver on tight trails.

If I wanted to wheel something that long, i'd wheel a WJ or a Commander...

the sport models with the smaller tires looks like one of those 4 person golf carts you see sometimes.

You must be registered for see images attach

now when you put a lift on em' they look super sweet, but its big as hell.

You must be registered for see images attach

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that lifted black Rubi JK looks like it will go places, longer wheel base and all.

Dave

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Silver One Yeah! :d