Stop horn on locking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
None of that seems to work on my 2007. I've tried it any number of times. I even found it in the manual, so it "ought" to work, though maybe I'm just dumb. :Stupid Me:

Worth a try, though. :)

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Did you read the whole thread? ... IIRC there was a correction somewhere in there of the sequence.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll try it again. I copied/pasted the pertinent parts, but it's worth a shot to go through the whole thing again. I hate to see people in the parking garage jump up and hit their heads on the ceiling when I lock my doors. :rotflmao:

(I have gotten into the habit of doing it the old-fashioned way to avoid that.) :mfr_omg:

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
To me it just screams ..."HEY... EVERYBODY ... I'm leaving my vehicle now ... who knows when I'll be back... have at it!

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
:laughing1:

I never thought of it that way, but I think you're on to something there. :D

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
I think I've gotten in the habit of just hitting the button on the door as I'm leaving the KJ.

No beep.

mschneid

Reaction score
I too have a 2007 and it didn't work so I got out the manual and this DID work:
NOTE: The horn chirp can be enabled or disabled (within 23–50 feet (7–15 meters) of the vehicle) by the following procedure:
1. Press and hold the Lock button on the transmitter.
2. Continue to hold the Lock button, wait at least 4 but no longer than 10 seconds, then press the Panic button.
3. Release both buttons.
4. Repeating steps 1–3 will restore original transmitter operation.

Last edited:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I think I've gotten in the habit of just hitting the button on the door as I'm leaving the KJ.

No beep.
Same here, but I get paranoid about the rear gate when I've been in and out of the thing several times for whatever reason.

By the way - I can understand why coyotes don't like the beep-beep stuff. :jester:

I too have a 2007 and it didn't work so I got out the manual and this DID work:
NOTE: The horn chirp can be enabled or disabled (within 23–50 feet (7–15 meters) of the vehicle) by the following procedure:
1. Press and hold the Lock button on the transmitter.
2. Continue to hold the Lock button, wait at least 4 but no longer than 10 seconds, then press the Panic button.
3. Release both buttons.
4. Repeating steps 1–3 will restore original transmitter operation.
If the rain holds off ten more minutes I'm going to go out and try that. Stay tuned. :)

If you have the EVIC it's a setting in there.
I'm trying to muster the courage to install one. I used to be good at that sort of thing, but it's been a while. I guess I'm still waiting for the "new" to rub off before I get the ol' scalpel out. :893Chainsaw-Smilie-