Stock 6 disc Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GhstRider

Reaction score
I have a 08 KK Liberty with the 6 disc changer. I noticed it has the the DVD emblem on the LCD Screen. So I put a DVD in the radio and i was able to get Audio. So my question is I can wire screens to the back of my headrest with to the stock radio and I can have a working DVD set-up? Or is Jeep like General Motors and I have to get a "Flashed" update to the CPU for it to work?

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why not just take the radio out and see what kind of connections you got in the back. If you got regular RCA/Composite, just hook up a small TV and see if you can signal, if you do , all clear.
We are not familiar with the new KK radios yet

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
HMMMmmmm, interesting. But I guarantee there's no RCA outputs on that radio. The Radio has the capability and has a video out for Chrysler's optional entertainment system available in some vehicles.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
It won't be long before someone finds out those connections and solders an harness together and sells them on ebay.
Marlon, what is the 3 letter designation for KK radios? maybe we can find the pic of the back of the unit

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Here's the back:
You must be registered for see images attach

The KK comes standard with the RES radio. Basic CD player, AM/FM, MP3, blah blah, comes with or without SIRIUS Satellite Radio.

The radio the OP is referring to is the REQ radio, which is pictured above. 6 Disc Changer, DVD. Then there's the MyGIG radio, which comes with or without Navigation capabilities.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
holy crap, no ports!! I am sure certain portions in that cable might just be plain video/audio signals. No way they will go to the extend of encrypting them with a weird frequency so only chrysler stuff would work with it.

Latest posts

Members online