Stereo: How can you tell if you have the premium stereo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kreindel

Reaction score
Aha! I just found out that the Infinity system comes along with radio controls on the steering wheel. They would be buttons on the back of the wheel

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ Is that a for sure thing? What is the source for that information? I am curious if my KJ has the Infinity speakers.. i have 6 speakers, steering wheel audio controls.. but have not opened up my door panels yet.

Johnny Turbo

Reaction score
Zombie speaker thread rebirth... Wife's car has rumbly pass front door speaker. She has 6 speakers and steering wheel controls. Before looking here for easy way to pull panel, I bought some $79.00 alpine coaxails, 6 1/2" diameter. After reading this and other threads, I'm guessing that we have the amps. Can I just replace the speakers and connect the new alpines to the amps or is the impedance going to be off? We are not audiophiles, it just has to be louder than the kids. Thanks!

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes you sure can.
Impedance is 2 ohms.

Most of us have drilled holes in the door to hold the amp right below the speaker.
The stock speaker have a special bracket to hold the amp that also doubles as a heat sink.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Johnny Turbo

Reaction score
So, I started to install the Alpine speakers and became disgusted with the way that they didn't fit. They were the ones that the Best Buy Speaker Expert's computer said would fit... The original speaker that was buzzing had the foam separated about half way around. I read somewhere, maybe on this forum, about using nail polish to fix that. Well, I had lots of ex girlfriends. Lots of nail polish left behind. I tried the nail polish. I put a couple of dabs to just pin it in place nice and even. Then all the way around. Then one more to put a decent radius on the seam. Because I'm nuts. I let it dry in the sun for an hour and put in back in. It plays like new. I have no idea on how long it will continue to work but next time I'll try to find speakers that are the exact bolt circle. Maybe I'll end up making clips but if this works, I have lots of other things that need rigging first. Speakers back to best buy tomorrow. I'll update if it shoots craps. This fix can be done without taking the speaker out of the door.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there are speaker foam replacement you can purchase and glue on to fix stock speakers.

did your alpine not come with adapter rings?

I bought the infinity 6032cf from amazon as my replacements. came with adapter rings and foam as well.

Johnny Turbo

Reaction score
The Alpines didn't come with anything besides speaker covers and six long screws with nut clips. I never heard of the speaker foam replacements. I'll look for those next. I also inherited the Liberty from nuptials. I need to put my XJ back together to make room in the garage. Wife wants a new Grand Cherokee. Thanks for the help.