Steering wheel Twitch After OME Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this possibly an issue of adding the clevis and top shim? Maybe it's getting to that height where issues start. And without the clevis/shim it brings it back to a more manageable lift?

Kind off a "pushing the limits" of the stock componenets a bit? Where as, with just springs it keeps it more on the "safe side"

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes.. if you use Boiler's 3/8 top plate and then do clevis lift, at 22.75 inches (hub to flare) the stock a-arms are past their limits, and New 4.5's are going to be required no doubt.
Even just using the 3/8 top plate makes alignment tricky, and offered me twitch steering.
These issues should all be resolved by installing the new Upper control arms.
By the way again, the tires are rubbing easily now at this height, and as Ryan described, the spring are in an ugly situation with impact marks.
Bottom line, I was not happy at all with how the front end sat lower, and to pick things up you need to do 3/8 plate, and clevis lift, and use new 4.5's..it is a must unless you just want a stock OME spring, and new shock and sit at 21 something inches. I want to be close to 23 inches that is where the red lights are not being cut off by windshield being in a nose down position for me.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
JBA 4.5 installed

JBA 4.5 A-Arms installed!
- No More spring contact
- Much more stable cornering
- Most steering twitch Gone, except over uneven surface, where tire jumps.
- Alignment done but Caster not within spec -1 degree.
Troy was PM'd and he says let lift settle, and Caster wont cause tire wear problem, and that my cross caster was in spec.
He recommends that you need to "Zero" the cam bolts first for a lifted kJ, then begin alignment. (hope I got that right)

There is not much room between the tire and A-Arm.
Spidertrax wheel spacers 5x4.5 x 1.25 inch are in order and should assist on inside tire rubbing with the 17 inch rims.
39666[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Edit: Update with SpiderTrax 1.25" wheel spacers installed now.
39668[/ATTACH]"]

Much more sure footed with wider track. Much less body roll. Really noticeable as flat turns now in cornering.
17 inch 245-65's were rubbing bad before the spacer install. Now No rubbing at all. Very nice to say the least.
39670[/ATTACH]"]

39672[/ATTACH]"]

Attachments

• JeepA-Arm45.jpg
    JeepA-Arm45.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 0
  • SpidertraxFront.jpg
    SpidertraxFront.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 0
  • SpiderTraxRoom.jpg