steering wheel locks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

musicaldoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think it will hurt your steering wheel.

But....you put that on and if it's hardened steel and hard to cut/remove , and they really want your KJ they will cut the steering wheel instead and leave that thing for you to keep as a momento. In my personal opinion, they are not worth it. They could always just flat-bed it and they will not have to get into it to do that.

Dave

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be buying one soon for mine. I don't buy it so much for the actual performance of it. For me, I like the appearance it gives. I think it deters amateur thieves out for a joyride. If anyone wants your vehicle bad enough, they are going to get it unfortunately.

musicaldoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with you, if someone wants really YOURS...they'll get it, despite locks or gps...

But it's sure that if you don't have a special car and it's full out there of cars like yours then it'll be silly for the thieves to spend time with saws...they'll just shift on the next around.

A dentist friend of mine had, as a patient, a car robber and he said that you always have to put on some mechanic lock that could disturb the thieves. Unless he needed exactly that car, he would have never spent time opening a lock....at least in Italy was like this.

Anyway the hardened steel of the MasterLock 252DAT is really heavy...it's almost 4.4 lbs...don't think the steering wheel would be happy :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online