Steering Stabilizer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never heard of one and I'm taking a wild guess that it's because we have a rack and pinion set up

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
The driver is the steering stabilizer........:D

Dave

KJJosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses...

Shop said I needed a new one since I have Death Wobble... Guess I'll be looking for another shop

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IFS,each front wheel is independent of each other besides turning,both wheels must be on the same plane for death wobble to occur as in a SFA.

One wheel with play(tie rod or ball joint) in a IFS will not effect the other side,both wheels must be effected for death wobble.

Most who claim to have death wobble do not have death wobble.

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
Well stupid ?

But what is death wobble? What causes death wobble?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well stupid ?

But what is death wobble? What causes death wobble?
Death wobble is complete loss of control of the steering wheel,it shakes so violently you can not hold on and have no control of where your vehicle will go.You will s@#t yourself,or about to,if you ever experience it.

Anything can cause death wobble except a bad steering stabilizer(or lack of one).90% of all cases are multiple problems that compound on each other.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses...

Shop said I needed a new one since I have Death Wobble... Guess I'll be looking for another shop

Did you check balance of tires? Do not know sit.,but do know mud on rims/tires will give the shakes.

dogran999

Reaction score
Did you check balance of tires? Do not know sit.,but do know mud on rims/tires will give the shakes.

And how, after a recent trip to a muddy beach where we all got a little stuck we ended up spending a good hr on the roadside getting dry mud off of the rims after it had hardened to something like concrete. Couldn't go over 30mph until it was all off. Was so bad I thought I'd broken something until we all stopped with the same problem then realized it was the mud.

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I come from a CJ/XJ ownership background and I can't tell you how many times Jeeping buddies have gone mudding on Sunday without cleaning the undercarriage and wheels then freaked out driving to work Monday morning when the Jeep rode like a buckboard wagon from the wheels out-of-balance...