Squeel with Key On

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gokeeper

Reaction score
2005 Jeep Liberty CRD

New problem first thought it was the alternator then found it squeals horribly when not running. If you turn he key on it starts squealing horribly. I thought maby a fuelpump? but dont have any ideas sounds like its coming from the driver side near the egr. Any Ideas

eradicator006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have a CRD but my Liberty squeals when the ambient temp is colder than -20'C. It only squeals for a second or to. In my case, it is a relay making the noise. Maybe you have a bad relay?

gokeeper

Reaction score
This is a real ear piercing squeal much louder than a relay thanks for he thought though doesn't go away even when you start the jeep.

gokeeper

Reaction score
Seams as though its the FCV anyone know of a how o to remove and replace also need to replace the EGR anyone have part numbers by chance? Thanks for your help.

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you listening to ABBA or Spice Girls?

Just kidding.

It is a low pitch or high pitch? Does the engine temp affect it in anyway? Any other symptoms: lower mileage, less power, rotten egg smell?

gokeeper

Reaction score
very high pitched, Unplugged the FCV and it stopped. Happens whether the engine is running or not.

Latest posts

Members online