Squeek squeek squeek

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've noticed a squeek squeek squeek sound lately when I pull away from a complete stop. Seems to be coming from the front, drivers side, but I ain't 100% sure. Seems to disappear when I get up in speed.

I've also noticed the brakes squeal sometimes. Which one? Hard to tell...perhaps the same wheel as the squeek squeek squeek sound. Going to bring in her to the dealer when I find time to do so...The brakes were totally redone by the dealer 1500 miles ago. Full brake job. So I don't know...kopkrab.gif

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't someone else post a similar problem here a little while ago?? Something about the clips that hold in the brake pad causing it.

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But my brakes are only 1500 miles old. They changed everything. Pads, rotors, bleeded all the lines, etc.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The one post here recently he said his brakes were newer than that i thought...

Couldnt find it with the search, was hoping whoever it was might chime in.

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The noise is driving me f-king insane. Sometimes I can hear it loud and clear, other times the noise isn't there. Argghhh!:mad:

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
My brakes made the same kind of noise. It turned out to be the anti rattle clips on the inboard pad pass side. The clip actually fell out and allowed the pad to ride up as the wheels started turning and then it would fall back down into place, it was making a squeak rattle gringing noise all at the same time. This is the 3rd set of anti rattle clips I have put in since doing my brakes a year ago.

Last edited:

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brakes made the same kind of noise. It turned out to be the anti rattle clips on the inboard pad pass side. The clip actually fell out and allowed the pad to ride up as the wheels started turning and then it would fall back down into place, it was making a squeak rattle gringing noise all at the same time. This is the 3rd set of anti rattle clips I habe put in since doing my brakes a year ago.
Hmmmm...When I have free time I'll remove the wheel and have a look.

Boiler

Reaction score
Mine pads and rotors were replaced when I bought it in January and in no time it was doing that exact thing. Squealing / grinding then squealing some as I rolled away as well.

I took it back to what I've always considered to be a pretty good shop 3 TIMES and they did "stuff" to them each time for free and didn't help anything. Finally I took it to a service guy at my work and still finding nothing. Will have to look at the clip.

Is there a permanent fix for the clip or does it just keep happening?

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Is there a permanent fix for the clip or does it just keep happening?

Since they are relatively cheap, I just keep buying replacements and sticking them in. The weird thing is the way the pad follows the rotor up and then down when it hits the top of the mount, it only moves a 1/16" or so, but it's enough to make a noise.

sd89gta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My ZJ does this exact same thing and I still haven't fixed the problem yet. Changed out the rotor, no difference. Pulled the pads, they had even wear, and applied liberal amount of grease when reinstalled. no dice. Going to swap to ceramic pads soon, and I assume you are already running them. If this isn't solved by the time I swap pads, and I'll chime and let you know if it stoppped. Going to be a few weeks, in the process of a move right now.