speedo/odo correction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clackattack

Reaction score
Has anybody in here tried to correct thier speedometer/odometer with any luck? Im mounting 33s tommorow and if ive done my math correctly, ill be doing 70 when my speedo reads 60. From what i understand its an electronic system, so theres no small gears or mechanical adapters, i would instead need to use an electronic ratio adapter.

Im not too sure which ones that are availble work and how easily they are set up. I know superlift has one thats like 250$ and i found a listing for one on a speedometer world website that is 170$. If anyone out there has knowledge of these 2 or knows of another unit that will work, please, lemme know cause i have to fix this issue. Thanks again!

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
buy a gps if ya dont have one take everything apart and when you hit 60 by gps put your needle back on at 60!! thats what i did and i used a gps free..so just do that and it will be right

clackattack

Reaction score
Hmm... that is a thought, but i kinda need to get the odometer set also. And if im not mistaken, with an electronic adapter my shift points will be corrected as well, right?

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
Hmm... that is a thought, but i kinda need to get the odometer set also. And if im not mistaken, with an electronic adapter my shift points will be corrected as well, right?

well thats only if you want to change it....i guess

clackattack

Reaction score
well, according to MY local stealership, my KK has already had a pinion reset to the largest tire setting in the ECU... which apparently is like a 30.2 according to the mech and im going up to a 33.3

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
I have been told twice at the dealership that mine cannot be adjusted?!? I think I remember reading that someone had the same experience.... but I still think they are full of (censored)

clackattack

Reaction score
So do urself or anyone u know have any experience with that Dakota Digital unit? i just want to know for sure that something is going to work b4 i order it

Last edited:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So do urself or anyone u know have any experience with that Dakota Digital unit? i just want to know for sure that something is going to work b4 i order it
It works great in mine since my SFA swap since my speedo was run off a sensor in the rear diff which got replaced with a D60.I do not have ABS or any of those 3 little letter gizmo's though.

Latest posts

Members online