speed sensor problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DennisTheMudMenace

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Jeep liberty sport, 4x4. got 3 lights that all came on at the same time

ABS
ESP BAS
Traction Control

Cruise control is also not working.

i took the 2 rear connectors out and cleaned them but the lights are still there. What are other possibilities, besides a pooched wire harness? and where exactly are all the sensors? because the ones in the back look nothing like the sensors in the front, so i wanna be sure im actually looking at the right thing.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
The wheel sensors and wire harness seem like a good place to start but don't have too much of that stuff on my 02, so I can't help much with that. Maybe fuses too? Whenever I see stuff like this, the first thing I'd check is the battery connections and battery strength. Mine has done some pretty weird things when my terminals got all crudded up with corrosion. If that isn't it then maybe pull the negative off for a bit and see if anything resets.

DennisTheMudMenace

Reaction score
The wheel sensors and wire harness seem like a good place to start but don't have too much of that stuff on my 02, so I can't help much with that. Maybe fuses too? Whenever I see stuff like this, the first thing I'd check is the battery connections and battery strength. Mine has done some pretty weird things when my terminals got all crudded up with corrosion. If that isn't it then maybe pull the negative off for a bit and see if anything resets.

I checked the fuses too, they're all good, i also disconnected the battery for a few minutes and cleaned the terminals. And when i started it back up they were all still on.

The odd thing too, is when the lights first came on, they stayed on for about 10 minutes, then they went away for about 5 minutes, then they all came back on again and have been on solid ever since.

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ABS wheel sensor by the sounds of it.
Have the codes checked,should point to the culprit.
I had the same lights plus no throttle response,was left rear abs sensor.
Cheap and easy fix.

Gyro

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
agreed. sounds like ABS sensor which should be on the wheel hub.
Either the sensor or bad cable.

Nevi.228

Reaction score
I am having the same issue. What did your problem end up being?

Latest posts

Members online