Speed Pulse Signal location 2003 Liberty LE?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rednroll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow.. thats alot of stuff Ill never need to know.. :)

Yeah, that's probably true.....but if you ever do....you won't have to spend as many hours as I had to, to find that damn wire.:D

Here's why it's needed for most in dash Navi radios which perform better than most of the portable ones. All GPS Navigation systems require the GPS antenna to receive 3 satellite signals to calculate your vehicles current position. The portable ones are constantly pinging the GPS information so that it gives the most accuracy of your actual position. Their downfall is when you travel in a city location or a high mountainous area which can block out the satellite signal being received by the GPS antenna. The radios that have a speed pulse signal input, allows the NAVI to know exactly how fast you are traveling without having to rely on any information from the GPS antenna. So in those instances when you get between large buildings, the Navi still knows how fast you are going, and it therefore can assume you didn't drive off the road you where on, and can therefore maintain your current vehicle location, even when you lose Satelite signal to the GPS antenna.

There's been times when I was driving in New York city and really not knowing where I'm going, and relying on a portable Navigation, and suddenly the satellite signal drops and then I reach a corner where I have 4 roads to choose from.....but the Navi can't point me to the correct road because it's lost and doesn't know, I'm at a crossroads where I need to make a turn. So then I chose the wrong road, and by the time the satellite signal is restored, I have to drive 3 miles out of my way, just to turn around, and then I usually find myself in the same predicament at the cross roads. I've had the same thing happen to me when driving in the mountains when I'm down in a valley. The Navi shows I'm actually driving on the mountain where no road exists, because it got lost....because it lost the 3 SAT signals required for it to be able to correctly position itself.

So a Navi system which requires some kind of speed information from the vehicle is always more accurate and will very rarely get itself lost even when it loses satellite signal information.

Probably more information....that you didn't need to know. :D

Rednroll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you come across a cheap MyGIG radio. :)

Let us know if it works. Pics and video too! :D

Yep....I've got a lot of work to do yet, but when it's complete I'll post pics and everything.

This MyGig will be connected to an OEM external amplifier with surround sound processing. I've modified the OEM amp, where it is sending out line level outputs, where I'm connecting the outputs to high power aftermarket amps. So I will have 7.1 surround piping through 12 channels at about 300 Watts per channel, where each channel is fully digital EQable. It should ROCK!!!