Special Package?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I saw a KJ in a parking lot...it was an '05+ and it was Inferno Red (that was the color, right? Dark red metallic?).

Anyway, it had the regular old 16" cast aluminum wheels like 99% of KJ's on the road have (the flattened 5 spoke type).

What was different was that the face and lip of the wheel were the standard silver, the sides of the spokes and inside diameter was painted gunmetal. It really looked good.

Is this from the factory? I wish I had gotten a pic of it.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, it is 2006, 65th Year Anniversary Edition. My uncle has it.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, thanks for letting me know.

Very cool looking rims! Strongly considering painting mine and clearcoating them to see if I can come up with something similar. I was considering taking my stockers and painting them all gunmetal metallic. I'd love some MOAB's, but I am heavily weighing out the cost. I mean, they look cool, but is it worth it?

I'd like a few more things for the Jeep (#1 is tires!!!!) and I want to get back to restoring my '68 Austin Healey. Need to get a good balance, trying to keep myself in check on each. The $250-$500 I'd drop on MOAB's could do some cool extras to that car. Could also spend that money on a lot of things around the house.

jelohead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 05 Rocky Mountain Edition has those rims also. When cleaned and waxed, they actually look really good!

Last edited: