Speakers to replace factory speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gcotterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow!!

I placed the order for the Infinity Reference 6032c speakers at 3:18 PM on May 20, 2016 and Crutchfield shipped it one hour later.

The speakers will be delivered next Wednesday afternoon, May 26th.

Last edited:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Let us know how you like them. :)

It's a long story, but I put four JVC component speakers in a year ago. two months ago I got fed up with all the problems I had with them and replaced them with four Alpines. What a difference!

I have to say that Crutchfield was amazing about the whole experience. You'll pay a little more sometimes, but the service and support can't be beat.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like mine with the stock HU.
Need to put some dynomat or some other damping material on the door.

Just a tip, make sure to install the speaker such that the tweeter is pointing upwards. It's rotate-able.
The speakers will came with adapters as well which you'll need to use. There'll be foam tape in it to use as well.
The instructions are very well written and it should be easy to follow.

I used the extra foam on the amplifier as well between it and the door before I zip tied them down.

Just follow this link
Car Audio Tips Tricks and How To's : Jeep Liberty With Infinity Sound System Front Speaker Replacement

The difference is I was able to install my amplifiers right below the speakers, 6 o'clock to the speakers. I also added an additional heat sink with fins on to the heat sink part of the amplifier. sorry, no pics.

gcotterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What size of Dynamat sheets will I need for the Infinity Reference 6032cf speakers in each door?

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What size of Dynamat sheets will I need for the Infinity Reference 6032cf speakers in each door?

Let me clarify my earlier post. I am thinking of adding some sound deadening material on the door because if I crank my volume way up, on occasion I can hear the door vibrate.

If you don't see yourself doing that then you should not need any.
Also, the amount of sound deadening material required would depend on the door panel and not the speaker.

gcotterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In your Audio Tips Tricks and How To's : Jeep Liberty With Infinity Sound System Front Speaker Replacement link:

I'm starting with the front passenger-side door.

• I've taken the door panel off the door, unscrewed 3 screws that attach the speaker to the door and pulled out the speaker.

• Do the bundle of wires that come out from inside the door go into the amp? Is the amp at the TOP of the speaker? (The link says "...you will notice each front speaker will have a small amp attached to the BOTTOM").

• What tool (and size) do I need to remove the "couple of screws" that mount the amp to the speaker? (The screwheads are not Phillips or slotted).

• Does the amp get relocated to the bottom left corner of the door? Is the bundle of wires that come out from inside the door long enough to reach the new location of the amp?

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the amp is screwed to the speaker. as you pull the speaker out from the door panel, the bundle of wire that follows it goes to the amp.

It's a torx screw that mounts the amp to the speaker.

you'll have to mount that amp you removed from the stock speaker to the door.
I mounted mine at the 6 o'clock position. Mount yours to whatever makes most sense to you.

You may have seen this link but it has more step by step pictures to follow.
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f201/how-infinity-speaker-replacement-51819/

i didn't use any washers as spacers for my set up.

gcotterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

I'll continue with the install. (I don't have a cellphone/camera to take pictures and my garage is 300 ft from my house so it's quite a trek).

What size of Torx do I need to separate the amps from the speakers? (I only have a #12)

Does the amp go inside the door (i.e., behind the door panel)?

(P.S.: I just swallowed a fly! Gag, Gag!)

If I have any more issues, I'll post them.

Of course, when I'm finished, I let you know.

Last edited:

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you read the link, the OP of the thread said he thinks it is a T-20 torx.
I don't remember what I used.

The amp goes inside the door. yes it does. wouldn't make sense if it wasn't.
mount it with the bare metal part of the amp facing inside the door as in away from you.
Also please note that you want to mount it so when the window glass is lowered, it would not hit it.

gcotterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a 5-piece Torx screwdriver set. The amp screws take a T-25.

When you say you "mounted mine at the 6 o'clock position", I assume you mounted your amps directly below the speakers (rather than in the bottom corners of the doors).

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i mounted it like so in the thread

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f201/how-infinity-speaker-replacement-51819/

except i didn't use any washers.

I used the left over foam from the speaker as padding between the door panel and the amp. I also used zip ties.

I hope you have butt connectors or a soldering iron for the wiring between the amp and speaker you'll have to do.

use your best judgement.

You can do it!

gcotterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only asked because link says to "Make sure when you place the amps in the bottom corners" not at the 6 o'clock position.

gcotterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The attached amps are on the front-door speakers (not on the rear-door speakers).

I relocated the amps directly below the holes for the front-door speakers (not in the bottom-corners).

gcotterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The attached amps are on the front-door speakers (not on the rear-door speakers).

I relocated the amps directly below the holes for the front-door speakers (not in the bottom-corners).