Speakers to replace factory speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gcotterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2004 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD.

It has the factory "RBQ" AM/FM radio (with 6-Disc CD player) and 6 Infinity speakers.

The speakers in the front and rear doors are shot so I need to replace them.

Can you recommend some brands and models of good replacement speakers?

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kenwood in my honest opinion. 6.5 all around. You'll have to drill some holes to replace the stock ones but no big deal. Just make sure you get some foam or dynomat to put behind the speaker. I have a Sony Bluetooth radio it's a Sony mex-n4100bt and goes well with those speakers. I tried Sony speakers and they sucked. Kenwoods were definitely better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the model-number of the Kenwood speakers you have?

I plan on taking my door panels off this weekend to re foam the edges and dynomat them. I don't remember the brand. I'll let you know Friday

gcotterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crutchfield says the Infinity Reference 6032cf speakers "Does not fit...Your 2004 Liberty"

Did you have to do any/some/a lot/tons of modifications to get them to fit?

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no. otherwise I would have said something.
no modification to the physical speaker is required.

Also though there's some minor wiring involved to use the stock HU with the stock amps with aftermarket speakers.

Have you looked at the links I posted? If not please take the time to do so and don't make me feel like I wasted my time replying you. :D

living proof > crutchfield blah blah

Last edited:

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you searched the reviews or questions on amazon.com, you'll see that a lot of other Liberty-ites have used it.
I'm willing to do a phone/internet call if you need me to guide you on what to do.

It's fairly straight forward.

Last edited:

gcotterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
uss2defiant,

Sonic Electronix says the Infinity Reference 6032cf speakers WILL fit my Liberty

Did you put them in the front and rear doors?

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
uss2defiant,

Sonic Electronix says the Infinity Reference 6032cf speakers WILL fit my Liberty

All four speakers are the same. However you will have to modify the existing "Amp" that is attached the each speaker. I extended wires from the amps to the speakers and drilled two holes in the metal door panel and bolted them there so they would not slide around. I did notice that the peak watts of the Infinity References are not near as high as the Alpine SPS-610C's. Just thought I would point that out.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
uss2defiant,

Okay. I guess me physically installing this 6032cf speaker isn't enough. :shrug:

Anyways, no matter,
Both doors are 6.5 inches.
They will work for both doors.

Have you seen this link yet that I posted previously?
Car Audio Tips Tricks and How To's : Jeep Liberty With Infinity Sound System Front Speaker Replacement

I am just not sure if there are amps with the rear speakers. If there are, the same procedure for the fronts need to be taken.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All four speakers are the same. However you will have to modify the existing "Amp" that is attached the each speaker. I extended wires from the amps to the speakers and drilled two holes in the metal door panel and bolted them there so they would not slide around. I did notice that the peak watts of the Infinity References are not near as high as the Alpine SPS-610C's. Just thought I would point that out.

Probably due to the fact that the alpine is 4 ohms versus 2 ohms of the Infinity.

Not sure how well the stock HU and amp can even push those alpine speakers.

ozone000

Reaction score
I find it odd everyone says they are 6.5 inch speakers.

I just replaced my rears. They are 6 3/4 and have a 5 5/8 cutout. I can take pics if you insist otherwise.

Best fit will come from a 6 3/4 that won't fit in a 6 1/2 (most say they will fit in both, but you have to look at the cutout diameter).The Kenwood KFC-1795PS is a true 6 3/4 speaker with a cutout of 5 1/2 and is close to matching the size of the stock Infinitys (Infinities?).

Can you fit a 6.5? Sure. I have, uss2defiant has, but they are more likely to be too small than a 6.75. I had to do mine in a rush (missing speaker) but wish I had known to get a larger size when I purchased my Kenwoods. They and the (single) Pioneer they replaced are a bit too small and require an adapter.

Crutchfield is pretty good in that they ignore the marketing and give the actual useful size approximation, so that the Infinity Reference 6032cf is actually listed at a 6.75 as it has a larger cutout than most 6.5 inch speakers.

Latest posts

Members online