Speaker Depth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone happen to know how deep the speakers in the libby can be? I got 4 of these for Christmas
You must be registered for see images attach

Infinity Reference 6002i Reference Series 6-1/2"/6-3/4" 2-way car speakers

and now I'm lookin @ the crutchfield site, and it says they wont fit. The slimmer version (Infinity Reference 6002si Reference Series 6-1/2"/6-3/4" 2-way car speakers) says it will fit.

Dang it all to heck, did I get the wrong speakers?

The thinner ones are 1 7/8", the ones I got are 2 1/16"

Thanks in advance!

-Blu

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My confusion continues.. I'm really hoping this is just a bug on the Crutchfield site. Was looking @ fit guide on BestBuy.com - they have a set of Sonys there that have a Top mount depth of 2-3/16" - and they (according to the site) will fit fine.

Guess I'm just gonna have to yank it apart and try. Maybe I could get a spacer if theres some play in there.

If anyone knows, tho, please let me know before I pull the door apart.

-Blu

Tokyojoe1965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you do rip the doors apart, please take a look at the speaker rating for the OEM speakers and let me know what they are listed as (watts).

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tokyojoe1965 said:
If you do rip the doors apart, please take a look at the speaker rating for the OEM speakers and let me know what they are listed as (watts).

Will do. Man, I hope I dont have to exchange these damn speakers :)

-Blu

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah, just more hassle than I need. The thinner speakers are the exact same price, so it shouldnt be an issue if I did have to swap them out. The rub is this- I got 2 sets of speakers, one set from my brother, one set from my folks - and I think they got them from different places. I just dont want to deal with anything more to be honest.

Just read the service manual on taking the speakers out and it seems pretty straightforward. So here's hoping!
:beerchug:

-Blu

smithers_0990

Reaction score
You guys may want to PM Bennett. We replaced his stock speakers with some Infinitys although I dont recall the model.

He should have his stock speakers lying around.

Later