Spartan Locker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I considered putting a trutrac in the front of my Disco, they do have an excellent reputation. Where i live it only hits single figure temps overnight (celcius at that) and days are 20 in winter to 40 odd in summer, so snow and ice are not really an issue. Some of the tracks here are very challenging, is the trutrac as effective offroad as say, a detroit locker, or lokka locker?

The DTT is somewhere between a normal clutch based LSD and a Detroit locker,it's way more effective than any clutch based LSD but will not "lock" like a locker.You can fool it into "locking" somewhat with a little brake pedal pressure.

It's on par,and works basically the same, as a Torsen differental.

Disco95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The DTT is somewhere between a normal clutch based LSD and a Detroit locker,it's way more effective than any clutch based LSD but will not "lock" like a locker.You can fool it into "locking" somewhat with a little brake pedal pressure.

It's on par,and works basically the same, as a Torsen differental.

So the auto unlocking diff is better in the rough stuff then.......