Soon to be a jeep owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NewJeeprobb

Reaction score
So I’m going to purchase a 03 jeep liberty with 212k miles … in my mind I was going to mod it up a lil bit change tires maybe even lift it and wat not but a friend with a Jeep told me don’t do it just use The car for financial help… any suggestions?

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plenty of people here have lifted their Libertys. I’m acquiring parts now. Lots of good information here, just start searching. Guessing your friend doesn’t know much about them.

NewJeeprobb

Reaction score
I been navigating through this website for the past week and I honestly can say I love it bro I’ve learned about a lot stuff I can do with it … and lifting it will be one .. I’m in Florida so maybe if I need pieces I can contact one of you guys and get it shipped

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
offroadwarehouse.com is where I bought my shocks and springs. The page might say out of stock, but they ship direct from ARB.

Michael Noland

Reaction score
My CRD has a 1.5" lift. It was all that was available at the time. I have been very few places where I needed more lift. That short wheel base really helps.

NewJeeprobb

Reaction score
Yea I was looking at pictures of 2.5 lift and it doesn’t look to bad it looks pretty decent

JRB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have mine removed bracket and all, but kept the studs there for easy reinstall if I were going on a trip or something.

Some of my kjs use is handy work so I'm in and out of it a lot, or have it open for hours at a time, and I just didn't want all that extra weight on the hinges. Plus if I have my trailer with me, it makes getting tools out of the back more difficult as well.

I pay for an annual emergency tow service, and have a plug kit and mini air compressor with me as my backups.

NewJeeprobb

Reaction score
Where else you gonna put it?

I am, however, thinking of dumping that strange, plastic "gate" that mounts the rear plate on export models.
Im thinking about just leaving in the house or whenever I get tired of the look just putting it back on

NewJeeprobb

Reaction score
I have mine removed bracket and all, but kept the studs there for easy reinstall if I were going on a trip or something.

Some of my kjs use is handy work so I'm in and out of it a lot, or have it open for hours at a time, and I just didn't want all that extra weight on the hinges. Plus if I have my trailer with me, it makes getting tools out of the back more difficult as well.

I pay for an annual emergency tow service, and have a plug kit and mini air compressor with me as my backups.
I was thinking the same … maybe removing it will eliminate some weight from it … how about the the holes where the studs go ? How did u manage to not have it looking too holy in the back ?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same … maybe removing it will eliminate some weight from it … how about the the holes where the studs go ? How did u manage to not have it looking too holy in the back ?
LOL the weight makes no difference at all really unless running steel wheels and heavy 32s
If the holes bug ya , plastic plugs in the holes from hardware store

Deb'nKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
somewhere between London & Zunny Deb'n (England)
Our emergency services will charge if you don't have a usable spare (as I discovered, to my cost, when I got a 2nd puncture before I could get the 1st one repaired), plugs have been illegal here for decades but I do carry an inflator & a can of gloop (in which I have no faith at all) but on long trips, particularly to remote areas, I take a 2nd spare wheel.