Something is hanging from the bottom

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

claudio

Reaction score
This week end we have one of the most rainy WE we have memories, rivers go out, and streets where like rivers in several points of the city, so i have to take the JEEP out to play around and help others to take his cars out of the water, everything was ok, but today i take a look at the bottom of the jeep and something like a thick carpet or rubber is hanging from the jeep i take i closer look and is a part of the jeep at the channel where transmission go, is not some garbage a get from the water on the streets, anybody have seen this in his jeep?

thanks

Claudio

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Pics??? I'm not so sure I understand exactly where it is.

Bennett

Bonehead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You probably washed loose some sound deadner , the CRDs have alot more of it than gas KJs. If I remember right there is a piece of sound deadner on the underside of the transmission tunnel.

Would like to compare my CRD to a gas KJ to see where all they added the sound deader that the gasers haven't got.

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bonehead said:
You probably washed loose some sound deadner , the CRDs have alot more of it than gas KJs. If I remember right there is a piece of sound deadner on the underside of the transmission tunnel.

Yup, that's what it sounds like to me.

claudio

Reaction score
sorry for the bad images, but the best i can do

You must be registered for see images

Claudio

Pnorton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that looks like a sound reducer from the door. Maybe look in the door towards the fender on both sides and see if you notice the difference. I'm not sure how that could just fall out though. :-k