some sob hit my jeep

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AbsoluteRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran in the post office for 2 mins came out, crossed main street, hopped in the jeep. Went to pull out into traffic and noticed my driver mirror was forward, rolled down the window to pull it back and half of it was gone and the mirror was missing. Looked back and sure enough there it lay on the ground. Must have been a truck/*******. Honestly, I would never have driven away.

EDIT : anyone got a driver mirror, I'd pay for shipping.

Last edited:

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn it! Sorry to hear about that. Is the mirror housing still in good shape?

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
bummer.........yea, like Hyed mentioned if the mirror housing is in good shape, what you can do as a temporary fix is go to an auto parts store and get a piece of that plastic mirror stuff. Cut it to shape and stick it on there until you get it fixed. Then you will have a mirror at least. It will be safer that way than driving around without a mirror.

Dave.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Ouch. This happened to my Red KJ. I just went straight to a junkyard and got a new mirror. Ever since then, when I park on the street... I fold the mirrors in.

AbsoluteRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, the housing is toast, its all cracked. I leave for a weeks vacation on Saturday and I'll be taking my jetta, so the jeep can sit. I priced a set of heated/power mirrors on ebay for about 100. Anyone know what else I would need for the heat, what the button looks like etc. thanks

Kevin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always fold my mirrors in but the one day I didn't, someone messed with it. It was snowing out so its anyone's guess. Nothing broke but it went from super clean to covered in crud. I wish they made power fold mirrors. Its kind of funny how they exist on cars, meanwhile its trucks that have mirrors that stick out further...

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I always fold my mirrors in but the one day I didn't, someone messed with it. It was snowing out so its anyone's guess. Nothing broke but it went from super clean to covered in crud. I wish they made power fold mirrors. Its kind of funny how they exist on cars, meanwhile its trucks that have mirrors that stick out further...

The Liberty does have power fold mirrors...

But only on Export models. Dumb that they don't offer them over here.

Kevin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my mom envoy had power folding mirrors it was the olde style, i think2000. they were a nice option
I know they exist for other cars. I would've patented the idea if I knew I was the first to think of it... ;)

The Liberty does have power fold mirrors...

But only on Export models. Dumb that they don't offer them over here.
Guess I'll have to do some digging...

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd love heated mirrors. Funny that my 1991 Dodge Daytona ES had them, but 16 years later my $24k Jeep doesn't.

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my wife ripped the passenger side off while backing out of the garage :D

100 bucks at dealer for heated mirror and housing, all one piece, went in very easily. take inside door panel off, screw new one in. sorry to hear about it, but honestly if someone hit it with their car you made out ok, could have dented/scraped your body, or broken windows.