So i ordered bilstein 5100 for 4 inch lift on 2.5 inch coil spring..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently run ome 948 on the back. My current shocks are bilstein 4600 STOCK length (and believe or not, never realized it till i looked it up again months after i put these on). I don't know whether it did damage to shock or what but now I'm putting 5100's.

Only concern is i have 948 springs with no extra isolators or additional bump stops. Is it good idea to add more lift now or will it be fine with that set up?

Also, will my ride change? How different will my ride be?

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the risk on stock lenght is you can top them out when you hit bumps hard or flex.

If they are not leaking you should be ok. The extended ones are much prefered for those reasons.

when you take the stock lenght off and they still extend under pressure on their own, i'd say sell them.

I ran stock length monroes for a while when my rear's got lost in shipping with my lift. Theirs not extreeme failure risk but longer term you probably will destroy them.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To answer your question, you'll be absolutely fine with the extended length shocks. It's actually preferred!

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yay! Glad to hear that.

It seems like my rear shocks don't like speed bumps, and i hear a lot of noise when i run over them.

My shocks shouldn't be damaged at all so ill probably sell them.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yay! Glad to hear that.

It seems like my rear shocks don't like speed bumps, and i hear a lot of noise when i run over them.

My shocks shouldn't be damaged at all so ill probably sell them.

That will be determined when you pull them off. They should be able to return to their fully extended length on their own. If not, they were topped out too much and damaged.

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll be fine, pull your rear springs with the new shocks installed, and lift the axle until a) you get tire to fender contact or b)the shock bottoms out. Now measure between the spring pad and jounce bumper mount and that will be how much you need to extend your bumps tops. The factory jounce bumpers compress fully into the cup, so measure to the cup.

Sent from my G870a on 38's.