Snow Storm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

streetglideok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What a winter you guys out east have had. We haven't had a lot here really except in the mountains. I've heard rumors of a predicted El Nino this year which may change all of that. Not sure how it affects you guys, but it means snow here, lots of snow.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we're passing 50" total for the season, with no end in site it seems like.

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We got a bunch more snow today. I'm not a very good photographer, but you can see how high the snow is drifted up around here. And these two pics were taken less than 5 minutes after I brushed all the snow off the truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

If you can tell how much snow is packed up under the fender and under the truck, that's how deep the snow was that I was driving through on the way home from work. I don't have any pics of that though, I was afraid to stop for fear of not being able to get going again.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I really Liked Tom's driveway photos & Snail Farmer Those ^ 3 pics I really appreciate!
I miss winter scenes this year as we have nothing to speak of near sea level.
In the mountains is a different story. I would have to drive about 3.25 hours one way to get into Summit of Manning Park.
I was going to go last weekend, and then viewed the hwy web cams and changed my mind.
Anyone seen a plow lately..? WOW ! What Hwy>?

Aprox 10 feet of snow fell over a ten day period a week ago, closing the The #5 Coquihalla highway for 4 days, for Avalanche control and to remove snow from the highways.
Link:Coquihalla Highway closed after avalanche
And They use Copters to control the avalanches in boom packs dropped above danger slide areas .
Link:Coquihalla highway reopens after avalanche control - British Columbia - CBC News
I think I need some radial chains at least one rear set, for these driving conditions!
Instead, I will wait until conditions improve before venturing back in there. We are under a snow advisory for tonight, but dont expect more that a couple of inches, before it changes back to rain later Mon.
I need some future sunny days (which are non existent) soon with KJ in back country!
Then I can take some natural photos like this...
48450[/ATTACH]"]

48452[/ATTACH]"]

I just want to "Play In the Snow" once this year with the KJ!
48454[/ATTACH]"]

:icon_cool: :peace:

Attachments

• BackCountrySnow.jpg
    BackCountrySnow.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 0
  • BackCountryShelter.jpg
    BackCountryShelter.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 0
  • snowplay_zps9d45f30e.gif
    snowplay_zps9d45f30e.gif