Slade, KY 7/15 before closure?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dnm45227

Reaction score
Man I'd love to go, but we are going to Myrtle Beach and Cape Hattaris this week. I know that by the time I get back I will be so broke that I can't even think about spending any money.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dnm45227 said:
Man I'd love to go, but we are going to Myrtle Beach and Cape Hattaris this week. I know that by the time I get back I will be so broke that I can't even think about spending any money.

Haha, those vacations are getting to be alittle to much I think. With the price of gas and the price of doing ANYTHING at the beach its hard to go anymore. I think the money is better spent on the jeep myself. \:D/

dnm45227

Reaction score
Gas prices are the reason we bought the CRD, so hopefully we'll save enough there to get a couple extra of those "umbrella" drinks.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dnm45227 said:
Gas prices are the reason we bought the CRD, so hopefully we'll save enough there to get a couple extra of those "umbrella" drinks.

Ahhh, didnt think about that. If you are taking 95 down then you should stay out of the mountains and get really good mileage. 28mpg is what most crd's get on the hw from what ive read, sometimes they see 30mpg. Hope you have fun!!

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
dnm45227 said:

Ahhh, didnt think about that. If you are taking 95 down then you should stay out of the mountains and get really good mileage. 28mpg is what most crd's get on the hw from what ive read, sometimes they see 30mpg. Hope you have fun!!

Moutains? There are no moutains out there, just hills. ;)

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eddo said:
jeepjeepster said:
dnm45227 said:

Oh gosh, the main road running through here(US 23), has some fairly big "hills" on it. Alot of the hills around here kick my libby into 3rd the whole way up and its still hard to stay up to speed. They also kill the mpg.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
dnm45227 said:

My diesel Liberty hasn't seen close to 28MPG yet. Of course, it's still young. My mileage is improving, but not as fast as I want it to. Darn diesels, lol. =D>

I'm just glad the days of 16MPG city are gone.

dnm45227

Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
jeepjeepster said:
dnm45227 said:

My diesel Liberty hasn't seen close to 28MPG yet. Of course, it's still young. My mileage is improving, but not as fast as I want it to. Darn diesels, lol. =D>

I'm just glad the days of 16MPG city are gone.

We are seeing a little change in fuel costs. My wife only had to fill up twice this week, instead of the normal three times. Last time I checked, the mpg said 19.something.

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
Eddo said:
jeepjeepster said:
dnm45227 said:

Oh gosh, the main road running through here(US 23), has some fairly big "hills" on it. Alot of the hills around here kick my libby into 3rd the whole way up and its still hard to stay up to speed. They also kill the mpg.

They are still hills ;-) though. Head out to colorado for see moutains.
These are moutains
http://www.yourip.org/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=114&g2_page=1

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:

Sweet photos! Looks like fun!

Eddo said:
These are moutains

Eddo, I recall hearing about your trip before. Those are great photos and it looked like a good time! I'm taking my TJ back to CO next month. I have Imogene Pass on my agenda. I may do Black Bear, but my wife doesn't want to go with me, so it depends if I can get my brother to go and that we have an extra day to do so. My parents live about 45 minutes north of Ouray. I can't wait! I'll post photos too after the trip.

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
jeepjeepster said:

Sweet photos! Looks like fun!

Eddo said:
These are moutains

Eddo, I recall hearing about your trip before. Those are great photos and it looked like a good time! I'm taking my TJ back to CO next month. I have Imogene Pass on my agenda. I may do Black Bear, but my wife doesn't want to go with me, so it depends if I can get my brother to go and that we have an extra day to do so. My parents live about 45 minutes north of Ouray. I can't wait! I'll post photos too after the trip.

Cool. Seriously black bear is just as easy as the others. It is way over-rated. However, it does have the best senery though. Actually, if you want you can go about 2/3 of the way through blackbear and turn around at the summit of black bear pass. This is the part that has the best views I think. It is only the switch backs and steps that are one way.

Man it was a great trip. I just can't wait to move back out west again. Nothing out east or in the midwest compares.

gsbrockman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
FYI, some of us are thinking about a trail run next weekend in Slade. More info in the L.O.S.T Mid-west forum...

http://www.lostkjs.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10248

Pics from last run:

http://www.lostkjs.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9616

That's right in my back door......too bad I'm heading to Myrtle Beach, SC the 14th !

Can't wait to see what the ol' CRD will do on the road with 17k on the clock now. Really looking forward to checking out the MPG on a looooong trip.

Greg

dnm45227

Reaction score
gsbrockman said:
jeepjeepster said:
FYI, some of us are thinking about a trail run next weekend in Slade. More info in the L.O.S.T Mid-west forum...

http://www.lostkjs.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10248

Pics from last run:

http://www.lostkjs.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9616

That's right in my back door......too bad I'm heading to Myrtle Beach, SC the 14th !

Can't wait to see what the ol' CRD will do on the road with 17k on the clock now. Really looking forward to checking out the MPG on a looooong trip.

Greg

I'm in the hotel at Myrtle Beach as I type this now.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eddo said:
Cool. Seriously black bear is just as easy as the others. It is way over-rated. However, it does have the best senery though. Actually, if you want you can go about 2/3 of the way through blackbear and turn around at the summit of black bear pass. This is the part that has the best views I think. It is only the switch backs and steps that are one way.

Man it was a great trip. I just can't wait to move back out west again. Nothing out east or in the midwest compares.

Eddo... if I was single, I'd live out there. I'm here in Indiana until my wife retires (22 years away!).

On our agenda... on a Thursday we're going to drive over Imogene Pass from the Ouray. On Friday and Saturday nights, we have two spots at a campground reserved just above Ouray (my brother has a pop-up... we'll tent). I also want to find the ghost town Animas Forks, and ride the trails around it. Then on Sunday, we may stay at a hotel in Telluride. If we do, that's when I'd like to drive down Black Bear. I'm sure it's not that bad. Then we're off to southern Wyoming for my Jeepin'. 3600 mile trip!