Skyjacker Lift Anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
After having run the Rusty's springs and Skyjackers shocks I've come to the conclusion that I'd rather ********** with a cheese grater than use either one of those companies products again. Long live the OME.

OUCH!!!!:favorites68:

sport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Skyjacker is arguably one of the worst lifts you can buy since you cannot use their shocks with other springs and you cannot use their springs with other shocks.

Which basically means once your shocks that came with the Skyjacker kit wear out (all shocks wear out) you HAVE to use Skyjacker shocks, or do some chopping to your coils.

Actually you can use their springs with other shocks if you cut off and inch or so from the bottom, I am running this setup with skyjacker shocks for two years now. I am happy with the springs stff and have not sagged. I originally bought them from tjkj and he says they are the soft ride but the ride is very stiff if you ask me. Having said all that I would just go OME. :)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If you have TJKJs old setup then you have the higher rated springs
They made them soft ride after his was built. I think they had 425 lb or so the first few sets ( which is what he got) then went to 325/350 lb rating

sport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have TJKJs old setup then you have the higher rated springs
They made them soft ride after his was built. I think they had 425 lb or so the first few sets ( which is what he got) then went to 325/350 lb rating

I have his old..old setup. He said these were too soft when he put the ARB on and then went with the higher spring rated ones or something like that. Somebody else got his setup right before the SFA.