Skid Plates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Renegade363

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many Skid Plates are there for the Liberty 3 or 4???

If you were to buy one to start off with, which one would you buy first?

Blue_Liberty

Reaction score
There are 4. Front, transmission, transfer case, and gas tank. I just installed skids on my '04, and could not find a transmission skid, all the dealers had none. I've read that the '05 trans skid will work though.

If I were just buying them one at a time, I would probably get the front first, then the gas tank, then the transfer case, and lastly the trans skid if you can find one.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, thats a good way to do it. I just bought an engine skid, thats really all im worried about at the current time. Thats all ive ever hit before. Later on down the road ill get a tcase skid then a ****** skid, im not to worried about the gas tank, ill never get myself in an area where i will need one. I think the ****** and tcase would get hurt before the gas tank if u think right before going over rocks and things. The gas tank skid is also the most expensive one, but the tank is also the most dangerous thing of all. What to do, what to do.