Skid plates question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kosha

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
hello,

is Mopar skid plates of 2002-2004 model year the same as 2005-2007 model year ?

kjfan18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I Believe the engine one and the t-case are the same but the ****** is different. What year is your KJ? I have a 2003 Kj and I use the 05 ****** plate but it had to be modified to fit. There are a few topics on how to modify them. Hope this helps.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some minor things did change through-out the years. The 02-04 liberty didnt even have a ****** skid.

The engine skid got thinner over the years and the bolt holes changed for the tcase skid.

Jeepman56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an '07 Sport with a 1st gen engine skid which fits fine and the fuel tank skid I have fits all years '02 - '07 (or thats what they told me at the parts dept).

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the fuel tanks are swappable?

kosha

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
I Believe the engine one and the t-case are the same but the ****** is different. What year is your KJ? I have a 2003 Kj and I use the 05 ****** plate but it had to be modified to fit. There are a few topics on how to modify them. Hope this helps.

yes , thanks a lot

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the fuel tanks are swappable?

May not even be necessary - the TJ's had a "Long Range" option fuel tank. From 15 to 20 gallons or something. BS - it is the exact same tank - drop the tank and a quick snip of the tubing yields a "larger" tank. My buddy did this.

Check and see if they are the same P/N.