Skid Plate Part Numbers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UKKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gents,

Would any of you guys happen to have the Jeep Part numbers for the underbody protextion skids

Sump

Transfer Case

Fuel Tank

I want to see if I can source them in the UK...does the US renegade have them as standard?? The UK model may also come like this.

The UK model has rock rails as standard so it may have the above

Thanks in advance

Mark

roadrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front skid PN: 52129092 - AA ('02 to '05?)
Transmission PN: 52128925 - AC ("05?) I had to drill a couple of rear mounting holes for the '04

The others I don't have. Good luck!

roadrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems to depend on your application. I read about a couple of installations where the crossmember for the rear ****** skid attachment had a couple of well placed holes, one threaded. But on mine (manual ******) I found nothing like that. I suspect the crossmembers may be different for the auto and manual box.

I just mounted the front, held it in place with a jack, and drilled a couple of custom holes in rear of the transmission skid and crossmember and mounted the rear. It wasn't difficult.

Here are a couple of discussions from another forum and more part numbers for you:

http://www.lostkjs.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2485&highlight=transmission+skid

http://www.lostkjs.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2293&highlight=transmission+skid

kj lad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No extra holes required. I bought and fitted the transfer case and fuel tank skids myself. It's a very easy install (1 hour tops to do both). Instructions and hardware come with the plates.

Sump plate comes as standard on all UK KJ's.

Ian

Derek Mc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am concerned about the oil filter being so exposed which plate covers this as I have the front plate from bumper to front cross mamber but need to know the next one,,,sorry if that sounds a bit thick,,, I probably am :-({|=

Old Navy

Reaction score
It's the transmission skid plate for the CRD and requires no drilling and take's less then 30 minutes to install. If you need the part number it's 82210003 for 05 model and I believe '06 also.

LibertyCRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Old Navy said:
It's the transmission skid plate for the CRD and requires no drilling and take's less then 30 minutes to install. If you need the part number it's 82210003 for 05 model and I believe '06 also.

This is NOT the part number of the Mopar ****** skid I put on my '05 CRD. Is this a new updated one or something? (Aeh)

Old Navy

Reaction score
LibertyCRD said:
Old Navy said:

This is NOT the part number of the Mopar ****** skid I put on my '05 CRD. Is this a new updated one or something? (Aeh)

YES!!!

It has the proper drain hole for oil and a recess for the filter. All that is needed are a two 3/8" bolts and nuts, 4 washers, 2 lock washers, and about 20 to 30 minutes time.

The cross member has a 1/2" dia hole on the bottom side and 3/8" at the top. You can either drill up through the bottom hole to the top and make the top hole 1/2" or just use a 3/8" bolt. If not doing any serious off roading and this is just mainly a street truck like my wife's CRD then just forget the drilling and use the 3/8" bolts.

LibertyCRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has the recess for the oil filter, hole for the drain plug, cost $28.00 at the dealer, and I had it in three days. And it did not use the part number you listed. I just wonder if they are listing them under a different number for '06 so they can charge more for them, even though they are the exact same plate?? The part number listed toward the beginning of this thread is the part number I used and it saved me a lot of time and money.

Old Navy

Reaction score
LibertyCRD said:
Mine has the recess for the oil filter, hole for the drain plug, cost $28.00 at the dealer, and I had it in three days. And it did not use the part number you listed. I just wonder if they are listing them under a different number for '06 so they can charge more for them, even though they are the exact same plate?? The part number listed toward the beginning of this thread is the part number I used and it saved me a lot of time and money.
You are most likely correct in the pricing.

UKKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
82209026 Skid Plate, Front Suspension
$49.00US $42.26US

82206122 Skid Plate, Fuel Tank
$115.00US $99.79US

82209455 Skid Plate, Transfer Case
$49.00US $42.26US

Just got this off the http://jeep.autowebaccessories.com/store/cat204_210.php site.

This is all the items listed...The top number says...
The redesigned Front Suspension plate obsoletes the older Engine Skid plate by bridging the area between the front axle and the transfer case.

Are these the definitive numbers???

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure what you mean by definitive numbers, but they are the numbers used by DC.

UKKJ said:
82209026 Skid Plate, Front Suspension
$49.00US $42.26US

82206122 Skid Plate, Fuel Tank
$115.00US $99.79US

82209455 Skid Plate, Transfer Case
$49.00US $42.26US

Just got this off the http://jeep.autowebaccessories.com/store/cat204_210.php site.

This is all the items listed...The top number says...
The redesigned Front Suspension plate obsoletes the older Engine Skid plate by bridging the area between the front axle and the transfer case.

Are these the definitive numbers???

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Hey checkout jparts.com for prices, since they have free shipping right now too.. Tell them you came from jeepkj.com if you purchase from them

Bennett

UKKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the UK guys, and for the stateside people who want a laugh...here are some prices for skids and guards

Transfer Skid 82209455 £33.91
52129091AA £11.51

Fuel Tank Skid 82206122 £77.62

Transmission Skid 52128925AC £21.85

Front Skid 82208140 £46.55

Hooks for front 82206124 £95.95 each (Aeh)

Courtesy Lights 56042559AA £15.20

Trail rated badge L55157318AB £13.77

Extreme Sport Badges £27.55 each

I haven't got the price for the skid that supercedes the front ones ('transmission') but I guess they will be similar..

Cheers
Mark

How much are you guys paying for the front mopar hooks????

I am going to Florida next summer and could buy them over there!

kj lad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't bothered with the front hooks because of the price! But I did pay about the same as you've been quoted for the skid plates.

I bought a trail rated badge in Florida a couple of years ago when on holiday. I went a big Jeep dealer in Orlando at the junction of Sand Lake Rd and John Young Parkway (opposite a huge Walmart). They gave me the badge FOC!

Ian

UKKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The official dealer prices updated...ordered first today!!

For info

UKKJ said:
Transfer Skid 82209455 £35.70 + vat
52129091AA £12.12 + vat

Fuel Tank Skid 82206122 £81.70 + vat

Transmission Skid 52128925AC £22.22 + vat

Front Skid 82208140 Has Never been ordered from dealer (obselete?)

Front Suspension Skid 82209026 £48.75 + vat

Courtesy Lights 56042559AA £15.48 +vat

Trail rated badge L55157318AB £14.33 + vat

Old Navy

Reaction score
I have a question for you guys in Europe, what's the part number for head lights on the Liberty (KJ) Sport? The reason I ask is US spec lighting is rather dismal at best, unless car is equipped with HID's or HIR's. I have HIR lights in my Magnum and they are astounding, but back to the question. When we had MB & VW's we would order Hella Euro spec head lights from local US suppliers, but I haven't found anyone supplying a Euro spec headlight as yet. Anyone here that can help out a new CRD owner?

UKKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah that answers one for me...

I wondered what the issues were with lights..as mine were fine...just a big hole missing in the middle at long range

Will try and find the numbers

Old Navy

Reaction score
Thanks UKKJ I suspect that even with the Euro Spec part number I won't be able to order it here in the State's. I put a set of GE Nighthawk bulb's in the light's, they are suppose to about 50% better then standard bubs and they helped, but are nothing to brag about.

While I had the headlights and grill out I took out the fog lights and installed yellow bulbs. I was amazed at how well thought out the engineers were about changing bulbs in the Sport, #-o just remove the grill. Then just remove two bolts holding head lights and tilt them and remove. The fogs are one bolt, use a screw driver to gently pry up tab on one side and pop out the light. When replacing the fog lights they just push straight back and snap in place the replace holding bolt. The head light is a simple reverse of take off procedure.