Sirius Radio in 2004 Jeep Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedJeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is just another option for installing an older Sirius radio in a Libby. I didn't like the previous location so this seemed to make sense. The spot to the left of the steering wheel on a small piece of plastic that pops out worked out fine. Now I just need to make more solid the mounting for that little FM transmitter.

I like to make videos of these little projects.

Sirius Radio in 2004 Jeep Liberty - YouTube

Dan

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In dash hardwired is the only way to go...I wouldn't waste my money on FM modulation. Why pay for satellite to only get FM quality that cuts from radio interference etc. Alpine or similar deck with satellite tuner is way better.

Nice install though, it definitely looks better than stuck to the windshield or sitting on the passenger seat like most people have. Only question...if you're going to go through that much trouble, why not just hardwire to the battery and free up the 12v outlet?

RedJeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In dash hardwired is the only way to go...I wouldn't waste my money on FM modulation. Why pay for satellite to only get FM quality that cuts from radio interference etc. Alpine or similar deck with satellite tuner is way better.

Nice install though, it definitely looks better than stuck to the windshield or sitting on the passenger seat like most people have. Only question...if you're going to go through that much trouble, why not just hardwire to the battery and free up the 12v outlet?

Yeah - I agree that an in-dash unit is the better choice. I had this stuff laying around so I just pieced it together sort of on the fly. I've since removed the Sirius unit - just wasn't using it that much. I've got the police/EMS scanner on all the time, the ham rigs scanning, and when I want a little music mixed in the local FM stations fill the gap.

Thanks for taking a look though. I always appreciate comments and suggestions, pro and con.

Dan