Silver Lake Labor Day

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

welby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife and I took our honeymoon out to Silver Lake for 6 days around the Labor Day weekend. The Dunes are packed around this time so we headed out and had a little fun 3 of the days we were there. The KJ handled everything I threw at it (all but the largest dunes) and outperformed quite a few full sized trucks while doing so.

Attachments

• Silver Lake 038.jpg
    Silver Lake 038.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 49
  • Silver Lake 211.jpg
    Silver Lake 211.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 66
  • Silver Lake 225.jpg
    Silver Lake 225.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Silver Lake 227.jpg
    Silver Lake 227.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 27
  • Silver Lake 212.jpg
    Silver Lake 212.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 52

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm about 1hr away from there, been wanting to go there, but my KJ isn't ready yet. Still need skids, front recovery point, bigger tires, etc.... all going this winter. I believe it is closed for the season.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm about 1hr away from there, been wanting to go there, but my KJ isn't ready yet. Still need skids, front recovery point, bigger tires, etc.... all going this winter. I believe it is closed for the season.

Next spring after the water warms up some, then we need to go. When will that be so we can start planning a LOSTKJs/JeepKJ Spring 09 Sandbox Run!
(by the way want some 255-70s ?) LOL (I may keep the 265-70s and put them on mine, make you a deal HA!! )

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next spring after the water warms up some, then we need to go. When will that be so we can start planning a LOSTKJs/JeepKJ Spring 09 Sandbox Run!
(by the way want some 255-70s ?) LOL (I may keep the 265-70s and put them on mine, make you a deal HA!! )

Looking forward to that!!! Actually look for some 265/70 or 265/75....narrowing it down to a few different tires....If you can find me a deal on some tires in the size, pm me!!

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm game to get back over to Silver Lake. Man those homes in that picture are looking to be swallowed up by the sand. I always go down a street right next to the dunes just to see how many homes are now being eaten alive.