Side Marker Turn Sgnals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

libertydude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never use my ant since I have nav/Ipod. I am wanting to remove this and add the euro side turn signals.. anyone have information? My local dealer says he cant get EURO parts.. anyone in EURO order for me? I can pay =)

I have a 2005 Liberty Limited..

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
libertydude said:
IMy local dealer says he cant get EURO parts.. anyone in EURO order for me? I can pay =)

the question is, Does you dealer say they can install the euro parts? Part should not be too expensive, I can probably get hooked up with someone in europe and have them mail to me, or try ebay uk, germany or any other eu sites and get it, but the thing is, I doubt that the installation will be covered under warranty agains rust. Please check if they are willing to install that.
Plus, they have to drill the other side and make a hole, unless you only want one of them :-s

libertydude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id do the installation...

Id be curious.. to know if the ANT hole is bigger than actual amber turn signal? or if the fenders are shared? Id buy from whoever can get it to me.. For now I ordered ANOTHER trail rated badge to cover the hole.. but would like side markers..

Email me?

[email protected]

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you already took antenna off?

And that also makes me think, do you really need to get OEM signal pieces? Can't you just grab set of signal markers from autozone or pepboys, and have some auto accessory place or dealer install it for you? How about that solution?

libertydude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the ant unscrews.. Im about to remove the panel inside the wheel well to gain access to the clips to remove ..

libertydude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My whole question was if someone already out fitted these from Euro to USA and is teh hole compatable.. I know I could probably add any side marker.. i was looking for an EASY install.. I guess adding another 'trail rated' badge will cover the ant hole.. and I will scrap the repeater lens.. THANKS!

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: Id do the installation...

libertydude said:
or if the fenders are shared?

I don't believe so, if I remember correctly, the Euro KJ's don't have the antenna on the fender at all, it's on the rear.

You must be registered for see images

Or do you mean that the if the Euro KJ's use the same fender as the US, and just use the hole for the side marker light? It's possible, but I doubt it, what's the shape if your antenna hole?

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even if they share, how about the other side?
They could be sharing the same fender, but EU guys could be putting holes on them, not vice versa :)

I want to put a hole on mine already. :-$ I really like the way these things look, and they are functional too.. just get the white ones, and great!

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had them on an old car of mine.
You must be registered for see images

But I must tell you, cutting into your fender is VERY nerve racking, and you have to be pretty much perfect with your measurements, not only with the size of the hole, but the placement, or you pretty much will ruin the fender and/or look if it's crooked.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think you need a huge hole, just a tiny hole large enough for wires to pass, unless the signal lense have a housing that extends back!? Otherwise, you are correct, I would never do that myself, need a body shop to file the ends and paint correctly so that it doesn't chip or rust..

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
I don't think you need a huge hole, just a tiny hole large enough for wires to pass, unless the signal lense have a housing that extends back!? Otherwise, you are correct, I would never do that myself, need a body shop to file the ends and paint correctly so that it doesn't chip or rust..

It depends on how they mount. The ones I had had clips that held it to the fender, and the hole had to be cut to fit these, nothing to do with the wiring itself for the size of the hole. The holes I had to cut were I'd say about a 1-1.25" x .5-.75" rectangle to give you an idea...but again, I guess it would depend on how they mount, but mine did not mount with screws.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
just strong 3-m should be fine i think. :)

hey remember we already have one hole open by the antenna