Should I...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy an ARB? I havent been jeepin' lately but don't plan on quitting.

Pros:
Sweet bumper

Cons:
I'm thinking even worse Gas mileage.
Don't plan on getting into any serious stuff especially alone where id need to winch myself. (therefore ARB would be more for looks and strength for right now)

OR..

save up and buy a nice street bike to drive around town here in sunny Florida to save miles and gas in the jeep?

Pros:
Sweet bike
Save gas
Have another fun thing to drive

Cons:
No ARB
Some would say slightly dangerous

Lemme know what ya guys think.

Thanks, chase:D

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're not doing stuff where yo get stuck then you're not jeepin hard enough.... :p

no I get stuck but I never go out alone. and I haven't pushed it too hard since I had to throw $1100 on fixing stuff after flooding it.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Save yer pennies and get both. I have the ARB, love it, and a dirt bike, which up here in the middle of nowhere I can plate and drive on the street. As long as it's not dark I'm good. The last time I had a bike was before I got married. Sold it to buy a house. Had I known then that the marriage would end in divorce 7 years later, I'd a kept the bike and lived in a fridge box. I'm currently working like a ***** to scrape enough together to buy another bike. Triumph's little Street Triple is my target of choice.

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to justify the cost of an ARB bumper for months...and I just can't. My main rule that I try (TRY) to follow is to stick to spending on stuff that is strictly functional. I know alot of guys like to spend money on what looks good for the sake of what looks good, and I don't disagree with that per se.

I wheel pretty good, but have never found myself needing a winch when nobody else had one or a strap wouldn't suffice.

For the amount of money it takes to get an ARB, you could do some serious drivetrain upgrades that would make alot more sense, IMHO. Yeah they look sharp but so does $850 in your wallet.

I'll stick with my cool front D-rings.

JeepOwner07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ARB is very functional in more then one way,more so if you actually wheel your KJ.Love mine,glad it was only $600 at the time when I bought it brand new.

600 wow your lucky, ive been pricing them and the cheapest i can find is a grand and thats UNPAINTED or powder coated, if i get one i want it to be painted the same color KHAKI! cause ya know KHAKI rules all =P lol no really so im looking around 1200

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup.. looks like I'll save for the bike first. And then Maybe an ARB. I see the bike being more for the money than an ARB is right now for my lifestyle.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did front tow hooks and a Harley
Works great when the jeep is the driveway and Iam on my Harley with the buds.
Jeep works great when Iam wheeling with the buds and someone can pull me out.
Then I have a story to tell the buds when out riding one way or the other.
Did I say never drive alone its more safer and fun that way.

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That's what I'm thinking. I already have front shackles. But more along the lines of an R1 for a bike.

jhblackwell

Reaction score

X2 squared.(biggthumpup) Enjoy the best of both worlds.

Members online

No members online now.