shift knob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sp33doe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello eveyone

anyone knows how to remove the shift knob on a 03 manual ******

help will be greatly appreciated

sp33doe

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have an MT, but with previous MT cars, they always just unscrewed off. But I don't know if Jeep has knob and shaft as one piece now? I've got an '03 shop manual, and it looks like the knob is a separate piece, but it doesn't say for sure.

sp33doe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ty for the reply,

i was poking around and cant find any clue on how to take it off.
anybody out there with manual ******?

kj lad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a manual. I had a look on mine but couldn't work out how the thing came off. I looked it up in my manual and there was no reference. Sorry!

Ian

Silver Streak

Reaction score
sp33doe said:
hello eveyone

anyone knows how to remove the shift knob on a 03 manual ******

help will be greatly appreciated

sp33doe

In my `02 Ram the transmission shifter shaft turned out of a real short shaft coming out of the top cover of the transmission itself. The knob was basically integral with the most of the gear shift lever, and there are flats cut on opposing sides of the shifter lower down so that you can put an open end wrench on it and turn it out. Look closely and if it is the same you will see those flats. I had to remove mine a few times to thoroughly clean the console cup holders and so forth.

Silver Streak

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.