Sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drag Line

Reaction score
During routine light bulb maintenance on a 2011 KK, I found one of these below the turn signal indicator bolted to the frame on the left & right sides.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Does anyone know what it is/does?

Only speculation but could it be the crash sensor which will cause the airbag to deploy?

Drag Line

Reaction score
Upon further research, I’ve found that it is the tire pressure trigger that sends the tire pressure information from the front left or right tires to the TPMS system that displays on the dash. I am guessing there are 2 more in the rear area close to the back axle since this Jeep shows all four positions.

The crash sensor is supposed to be further down (vertically) somewhere on the frame. Not sure I want to take a lot of time to look for it but if someone already has located one, the information about where it is physically located would be appreciated.
The crash sensor is supposed to be a quarter sized, thin, flat sensor with 2 wires that come out toward the rearward side of the Jeep. Probably not easy to see.

KKinTexas

Reaction score
Those are tpms sensors. The crash sensors are nearby on the front crossmember and I think they have yellow wires like all the srs system components.

Drag Line

Reaction score
Those are tpms sensors. The crash sensors are nearby on the front crossmember and I think they have yellow wires like all the srs system components.
Thanks for the info. I’ll look for the sensors next time I’m under the front end.

AFT2008KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for heads up. My 08 intermittently loses signal from the front left and right rear tpms. Not for originals. Any decent aftermarket replacement options??

Drag Line

Reaction score
Thanks for heads up. My 08 intermittently loses signal from the front left and right rear tpms. Not for originals. Any decent aftermarket replacement options??

Not for originals? Not sure what you mean by this statement.
Tire Pressure Trigger
P/N 56029479AB
I haven’t looked for the rear triggers but the two in front have the same number so the two in the rear might also.
Consider checking the wiring from the triggers also to see if it is intact with no loose connections also.
Aftermarket? Check Dorman & Denzo.

Drag Line

Reaction score
AFT2008KK

Rear Left & Right TPMS triggers are behind the rear inner fenders above & forward of the axle on the frame. They appear to be the same sensors. I did not pull one to verify. Only spotted them.

Drag Line

Reaction score
KKinTexas

You are correct about the crash sensor location. If you look into the factory triangular access holes in front of the battery or the air intake, they are the yellow sensors with the yellow wires.

Thanks again for the heads up on where to look for them…