Select Trac or Command Trac?

Command Trac or Select Trac

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They used the Select trac tcase in the grands, cherokees, Durangos, etc and Ive never heard of massive problems with them breaking.

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so that brings me to my point that the original command trac, which is the direct link hand actuated engagement, is superior for true usage.

most consumers probably view it as a downgrade but it is the true sense of engaging an option when you need it and not when the vehicle decides.

too many damn options if you ask me, either put a locking diff option in, or dont, why have so many variations on something that A LOT of people never use. :confused:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so that brings me to my point that the original command trac, which is the direct link hand actuated engagement, is superior for true usage.

most consumers probably view it as a downgrade but it is the true sense of engaging an option when you need it and not when the vehicle decides.

too many damn options if you ask me, either put a locking diff option in, or dont, why have so many variations on something that A LOT of people never use. :confused:
Try having 2 t-case shifters:D ,if I had a little more money I would have 3 shifters(AtlasIII 4-speed t-case).

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try having 2 t-case shifters:D ,if I had a little more money I would have 3 shifters(AtlasIII 4-speed t-case).

Yea.....I can just picture you now driving down the road steering and shifting and talking on the cell and munching your doughnut and gulping your coffee and ...........burp....:D

Dave

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea.....I can just picture you now driving down the road steering and shifting and talking on the cell and munching your doughnut and gulping your coffee and ...........burp....:D

Dave
I brake for drivers on the cell phone,eating,putting on makeup,and all those other things that get others killed.Damn crappy brakes!!!!!!!!(need some hard R&D on the RL rear bumber:D )

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would be nice to have Select trac but does anybody know if it has a real center diff or is it a flimsy Viscous coupling?

Tony........fsm says it has a center diff in it.

Dave