Selec-Trac Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you with Selec-Trac, is your four-wheel drive lever easy to pull on (engage)? Mine has always been really stiff. I almost have to pull on it hard enough that I go right past part-time to full-time. Today was the first day I engaged the four-wheel drive on my TJ (with Comand-Trac), and it's lever is really easy to pull on. I can live with it on the KJ, but their just different. Maybe it just needs more pulling on, on the KJ!
(biggrin)
Thanks all.

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know what you mean. It's hard to get into part-time, I usually end up going right past it. Oh well I hardly ever use part-time though. If I need the center diff locked, I'm usually 4-wheeling and need 4-lo. And if 4-lo is too low then you would be suprized how capable 2wd is with a power-trax locker in the back.

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 2001 Grand Cherokee with selec-trac before the Liberty with command trac. I did notice that th KJ command trac was smoother to engage, But I don't recall the selec-trac being that stiff.

LibertyCRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine seems to get easier to shift the more I use it.

I still have a ton of trouble getting out of 4-low though.