Second hand ARB locker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m_volyrakis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying a second hand ARB air locker for my rear axle.

As I have no previous experience on this product, suggestions from fellow members on what to look out for, hints and tips would be deeply appreciated.

What will I need to check to be sure that the locker isn't damaged?

Since the locker will be sitting on the bench, are there any parts I should replace just to be on the safe side?

http://www.arb.com.au/media/products/air-lockers/2-RD93.pdf

I was thinking about the O-rings. How about the seal housing assembly?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would replace the o-rings on the collar that has the air line hooked to it.Gotta be very careful as they get knicked very easily then you'll be taking it all apart again to change them again.Make sure you or the installer is very well versed in installing ARB's as the install depends on how it will perform,bad install and you will hate the ARB,a good install and you will love it.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would replace the o-rings on the collar that has the air line hooked to it.Gotta be very careful as they get knicked very easily then you'll be taking it all apart again to change them again.Make sure you or the installer is very well versed in installing ARB's as the install depends on how it will perform,bad install and you will hate the ARB,a good install and you will love it.

all X2
1 thing to look for is on the collar where the hose goes in
that at joint the "weld" will break and leak if it is not shimmed properly
This is the case of the dana 30
luckily for me I dealt with a good shop on the install
they replaced the collar and the R&P
on a Saturday and showed me how to do it at no charge ,they are normally closed on Saturday
also you may want to get the "purge valve" set up they sell now
I am starting to get a bunch of "blow back" which is also a Dana 30 issue
but could also happen to any ARB with high milage as per ARB
mine only has 15K or so on it and ARB sent it to me at no charge
the blow back is not an issue just that it smells bad if the compressor is mounted inside the Jeep ,like mine under the seat

m_volyrakis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hold on!
How often to you need to use it?
Is it THAT often that you had to mount it inside the cab?