Seats look like Sh***

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smarkham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have several dogs. They have drooled on my seats. I have spilled water on my seats. I have taken my pups swimming and the seats got wet...long story short the front and back seats are full of water stains. I would have thought that Jeep would have put in a more durable/non-stainable fabric. Should I get seat covers? Which ones look cool? Or should I get them reupholstered and from now on put my pups on the roof rack when I drive them around :D

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
The water stains can be cleaned easily with a water/oxy clean mix... I've cleaned mine multiple times using that method, and they look brand new once they're clean.

In between cleaning, I use cheapo seat covers I got from Walmart.

TAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like jamie stated, they should clean up pretty easy, I use our carpet cleaner, but hey will stain easliy again. These are the worst seats I've ever seen for that. Clean them, then grab some seat covers.

moparman2k2

Reaction score
Chrysler Fabric is notorious for this. Do the above, but if you want to do covers Wet Okles are very nice

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have several dogs. [predictable results of owning dogs deleted] Should I get seat covers? Which ones look cool? Or should I get them reupholstered and from now on put my pups on the roof rack when I drive them around :D

I would strongly recommend the neoprene seat covers if money is a major issue. If not, get leather... do not get them reupholstered. My seats look nearly brand new after five years, and my daughter has spilled every liquid known to man on them. I've sat in them with salt water soaked wetsuits, bathing trunks, muddy clothes, you name it. It's worth the extra $$ to me.

oddball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Um - as for the dogs, I would haul them around in the cargo compartment rather than the roof rack.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Like jamie stated, they should clean up pretty easy, I use our carpet cleaner, but hey will stain easliy again. These are the worst seats I've ever seen for that. Clean them, then grab some seat covers.

Apparently you haven't seen the red fabric in an '88 Thunderbird :eek:

But yeah, they're not that bad ITBJHO. Stop spilling stuff on your seats, and they'll stop looking like poop!

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently you haven't seen the red fabric in an '88 Thunderbird :eek:

But yeah, they're not that bad ITBJHO. Stop spilling stuff on your seats, and they'll stop looking like poop!

Funny, that's exactly what people who insist on putting carpeting in the bathroom say.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah...I keep telling the pups to stop drooling and spilling stuff...but they just won't listen;)

What you say: Damnit! Sparky quit drooling. How many times do I have to tell you, Sparky, no more drooling on the fabric!

What sparky hears: Blah blah Sparky! Blah blah blah blah blah bla, Sparky, blah blah blah blah!

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
After 98,000 glorious miles of transporting ThunderbirdJunkie's pompous, slightly oversized ass

The driver's seat is fine.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
After 98,000 glorious miles of transporting ThunderbirdJunkie's pompous, slightly oversized ass

The driver's seat is fine.

You are lucky!
Our drivers seat is starting to get "Thread bare"!
In fact, every KJ Sport I go to look at has the same problem with the Drivers seat!
The left top seam of the cushion is thread bare!
Cheap material!