seat problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

saudiliberty

Reaction score
Hi, my hight is 190 cm (6.5 f), I have some difficulties with driver seat even when I lower it to the end still my head is almost reaching the roof, is there any idea or solution??

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trade in for a JK or XK? I'm not sure if there is a solution to a height problem. I have looked at some threads about changing out the rails on the seat but that may take some fabrication on your part. Could it be done = probably? Would it be easy = probably not?

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are not afraid of a little cutting and welding that it is not hard.

Just take about an inch out of the middle of the mounting feet/bracket and weld it back together.

qbracken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the only issue I have with my Jeep too.....
I would actually like to take about 2+ inches out of the middle if it could be done...... Sounds like a pain though..... Aftermarket seat frame would sure be cool!

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score

qbracken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whoa, ok, you got my attention.... Do you have experience with these? Wouldn't I need Corbeau seats to fit on it or can I just slap on stock power seats?

Thanks!

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
qbracken said:
Whoa, ok, you got my attention.... Do you have experience with these? Wouldn't I need Corbeau seats to fit on it or can I just slap on stock power seats?

Thanks!
I'm not sure,you might have to cut the inner rail of the factory seat(it's rivited) then it might work.I'd have to look at the rails to be sure but not going to dish out $100 to find out though.

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As an aside, if you have manual seats, I found the power leather seats to be way more adjustable than the stock sport seats. Power seats have separate adjustments for front/back height.

If you can find someone with a KJ around you w/ power leather, give it a try, see what you think.

-Blu

qbracken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BluPhant said:
If you can find someone with a KJ around you w/ power leather, give it a try, see what you think.

-Blu

Yep, I got the power & Leather in my '06 Limited, but I want the seats to go lower still!

8-[