Seat adjutment lever

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gerry emm

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Well, this is my first Liberty...I have owned a Jeep CJ-7 way back when and just more recently an older Grand Cherokee...my Liberty is a 2002 with 219k's and is in pretty decent shape...after a rocky start getting a few things straightened out by the dealer, I am now liking my new ride...

Of course now that I have been driving it for a while, I have experienced the same as a number of people here, the dreaded broken seat adjustment lever...

Until I can get it repaired, is there a way to adjust the seat, cause as it is now it is leaning too far back and driving it that way gets ******* the back...any kind of advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

gerry emm

crazyjeepkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine is snapped too but thank god its in the right position

frekeyguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to have a jimmy a few years ago. The passenger seat was manual and it broke the handle off. There was a guy on eBay who used to sell a repair kit with some sort of fitting which fixed it.